can't close 1Password 7 - OSX 10.13.4

Options
2»

Comments

• johnnyappleseed
    johnnyappleseed
    Community Member
    Options

I'm on OSX 10.13.4 and I can confirm that upgrading to Version 7.0.4 fixes this problem. Thanks 1password!

• tzm41
    tzm41
    Community Member
    Options

Yep cmd+Q quits the app. Woo-hoo, thanks for the fix!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@johnnyappleseed and @tzm41 - glad to hear 7.0.4 has solved this problem for you! :)

• bricin
    bricin
    Community Member
    Options

HOORAY! 7.0.4 now works, what a relief. Thanks everyone!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bricin :) :+1:

• dataminn
    dataminn
    Community Member
    Options

Tried installing update for 1password. The install app insists that 1password is open and must close for installation to continue. 1password is not open, at least not in the dock nor under the Force Quit app for Macbook Air. Even after hitting the continue button to automatically close 1Password, app store continues to insist that the app is open. In any case, I cannot install the update. Could the problem be that the browser extension remains open?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dataminn - no, if you're using any version of 1Password for Mac prior to 7.2, then extension is part of the browser and essentially little more than a conduit for the mini; having your browser open doesn't affect updates. In 7.2, we switched to the Safari App Extension, but having Safari open there won't affect updates, either. What's most likely is that you need to Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu), then try the update once again. The good news here is that as of 7.2.1, you will no longer need to do this in future updates; the issue has been addressed.

• mscohen
    mscohen
    Community Member
    Options

Despite the note above from Lars, this "accepted bug in the App Store version of 1Password 7 which AgileBits will fix in due course" still remains. When the latest update to 1PW was posted on 2/22/2020, it required first using the "ctrl+option+command+Q" keystroke combination for installation to complete.

I'm glad that I found the solution in this forum.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mscohen - thanks for posting. The bug hasn't persisted, it was reintroduced, unfortunately. Changes made a recent update re-introduced this bug, and we hope to have it (re-)addressed in a forthcoming update. Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime. If you have a 1password.com membership, another workaround (solution) might be to fully quit the Mac App Store version of 1Password 7 for Mac and download/install the version from our downloads page, which is not subject to this bug.

This discussion has been closed.