Safari extension not working for the last few days

Options
aaronmfisher
aaronmfisher
Community Member

For the last few days the Safari extension on my Mac is completely broken. Clicking it does nothing. I've tried disabling it and re-enabling it. I haven't run any software updates recently. New MB Pro with latest OS/app versions. Has anyone else experienced this?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• queenee444
    queenee444
    Community Member
    Options

Try taking it off, re-install and re-boot computer. Maybe that will work?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @aaronmfisher!

You said that you are running the latest version of the 1Password app, but in your first post you also wrote that you are using 1Password 7.4.1, which is a couple of updates behind. Can you please confirm what version you are running exactly?

• aaronmfisher
    aaronmfisher
    Community Member
    Options

This is the latest version I’m seeing for my Mac App Store install. No available updates. Hmm

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@aaronmfisher:

Can you please try checking for Mac App Store updates manually? To manually check for updates, choose the Apple logo in your menu bar > App Store > then click Updates. Let's see if this helps force an update :+1:

• drewthor
    drewthor
    Community Member
    Options

I have been seeing this across two laptops after every 1password update since January as well. I am on the latest 1password on the latest Catalina

• Ben
    Options

@drewthor

Please try these instructions:

1. Quit Safari
    2. Open and then quit 1Password completely — ⌘⌥⌃Q (Command Option Control Q)
    3. Drag 1Password to the Trash, but DO NOT use a "cleaner" app to remove 1Password if you have one (MacKeeper, CleanMyMac, AppZapper, etc)
    4. Empty the Trash
    5. Restart your Mac
    6. Install 1Password from our website: Download for Mac
    7. Open 1Password
    8. Make sure the extension is shown and enabled in Safari under Preferences > Extensions (do not click "More Extensions")
    9. Verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins

Let me know how it turns out. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.