New Password defaults to DEMO VAULT

Options
gakite
gakite
Community Member

I enter my password to iPassword add. The app brings up 3 line items "All Vaults, Demo & Primary". I click on All Vaults...Close and brings me to Logins. When I do the +sign the first line has "DEMO VAULT" then the next line asks for "Enter a name to filter the list" I do that, then I enter the Usename and password. The app accepts, but it doesn't put the new password in where all my other passwords are store,,,instead it puts (defaults) the password in the Demo vault. Why ????

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:when entering a new password, the new password defaults to "Demo"....why?????

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @gakite

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with the demo vault. I'd be happy to help get that sorted out for you. Do you have any desire to have a demo vault? If not I'd recommend removing it from 1Password > Settings > Vaults. Then make sure the settings in 1Password > Settings > Vaults > All Vaults make sense (e.g. "Vault for Saving" is set to Primary).

Ben

• gakite
    gakite
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I deleted the "Demo Vault" and it my newly entered password ended up where I thought it should be. I've been using this app for several years and never had a problem until a week ago. It was then the Demo Vault appeared and it took me a while to figure it was a demo and not where my passwords were stored. Question: Why did the Demo Vault appear out of "No Where"......could it have been a new update? Again, thanks for your help.

• Ben
    Options

I'm glad to hear deleting the demo vault helped. As for how it got there in the first place... that's a bit of a mystery. We haven't done anything with the demo vault in years, as far as I'm aware. We certainly didn't release an update enabling it. My best guess was that it was enabled through a mis-tap in 1Password's settings.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.