Standalone license and Catalina

Options
Annie_O
Annie_O
Community Member

I have a standalone license for 1Password Version 6.8.9 (689000), purchased from the Mac App Store. Will it make the transition from Mojave to Catalina?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Annie_O
    Annie_O
    Community Member
    Options

PS. I don't know how to find the Sync Type

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Annie_O

I'd be happy to help with that.

PS. I don't know how to find the Sync Type

You can find this information in 1Password > Preferences > Sync. If you don't have syncing set up with either iCloud or Dropbox you may want to consider a 1Password membership, or setting up one of those options. That way if something happens to your Mac you have your data elsewhere.

I have a standalone license for 1Password Version 6.8.9 (689000), purchased from the Mac App Store. Will it make the transition from Mojave to Catalina?

1Password 7 for Mac had been out for quite some time, and 1Password 6 had been retired, before Catalina launched. As such we didn't do extensive testing of v6 against Catalina. We know for sure it isn't possible to use 1Password 6 in Safari on Catalina. If you're using a different browser, you may not have any real trouble for now.

With that said we can't recommend using an older version. 1Password 6 has been retired and is no longer being updated. As a security focused company we'd always recommend running the latest versions of all of your software, but especially your operating system, web browser(s), and 1Password. That said, licenses never expire, and so you can continue using any version you've licensed for as long as it works for you. As things continue to evolve around the now retired v6 it will be less and less practical to continue using it.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.