Windows 7 & Microsoft Edge 1password Extension ?

Hi there i have

Windows 7
Microsoft Edge
1Password V4.6.2.626

I have started using microsoft Edge on windows 7 abut i can not seem to get the icon in microsoft edge so that i can use and auto fill my passwords. I looked in the extensions but nothing is there i even added the 1passowrd X extension form the microsoft store but again nothing works.

can you help

thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2020

Hi @meridius,

1Password companion extension for 1Password 4 for Windows will not work in the new version of Microsoft Edge.

If you want to use 1Password companion extension (or 1Password X) in Microsoft Edge, I would recommend you to sign up for 1Password account and start using it with 1Password 7 for Windows. 1Password 4 for Windows is an old app that will not receive any updates in the future.

You can also learn more about the benefits of 1Password accounts on our website:

About 1Password membership

Let me know if it helps.

P.S. I also moved our conversation to 1Password 4 category, I hope you don't mind. Thank you!

Cheers,.
    Greg

• meridius
    meridius
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

Hi there thanks for getting back to me.

I am supprised you are not supporting edge in windows 7 since chrome and firefox latest versions are supported by 1password 4.6 in widnows 7 so why not edge ? or are you using this to push people into a monthly sub.

Also is version 4.6 supported in windows 10 edge ? as i have no interest at all in a monthly payments plan as all i do is use 1password for windows and ios to store my passwords and thats as far as i go and i am no way willing to pay a monthly sub just for that. I can not justiy paying a monthly payment just to create and store passwords as i am not interested in any new featurew that 1password brings.

I paid for the full app when V4.6 came out and it does me. I just can not afford to keep paying every month as i have other commitments, its a shame there was not a upgrade one time payment as theres no way i am paying monthly. I am still using photoshop cs6 as they to went ot a monthly payment and i just can not do that

so is it supported in windows 10 ?

thanks

• meridius
    meridius
    Community Member

anyone ?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @meridius, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I can totally understand where you are coming from, but 1Password 4 for Windows is very old app and the technology it was built upon is getting long in the tooth. For example, 1Password 4 for Windows will not work in Chrome 72+, due to the updated code certificate. You can learn more about this situation here.

If you are not interested in 1Password membership, we still sell standalone licenses for 1Password 7 for Windows and 1Password 7 for Mac. Please shoot us an email to support+windows@agilebits.com and we will see what we can do for you. :)

Looking forward to your email! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• meridius
    meridius
    Community Member
    edited February 2020

thanks sending you an email tonight. can i ask i also have the paid version on my ios devices which is version 7.4.5 which works with windows desktop version 4, will the new version 7 for windows work ok with the ios vaults and wifi sync ?

also also your not rel a version 8 anytime soon as i dont want to pay again

thanks

• 1Password 7 for Windows will sync happily with your iOS app, @meridius, but WLAN sync is no longer supported in 1Password 7 for Windows. You would need to sync via Dropbox between Windows and iOS. :+1:

• meridius
    meridius
    Community Member

HI, i emailed the customer services and I am not very happy at all, the link or the app UK prices offer says £47.99 which has a £15 discount and normlay would be £63 but if you look at the offer on the app it says in USA $49.99 to upgrade to a one time payment and if you do a converstion thats £38.78 in pounds.

are you trying to rip uk customers off ? are you joking ? as why should we uk useres have to pay more when you offer the pack to americans for $49.99 which is £38.78 in Pounds, ? so normal price to use uk users is £63 but the americans get it for $49.99 which is £38.78

i am trying to find ways to stop with 1password but your not making it easy and theres no way i am willing to pay that for this software when the conversion is £38.78, I pay others in $ which also uses the auto converstion in paypal.

I find it disgusting that your ripping UK customers off with that price.

also is ther other ways to synce your vaults without joining dropbox as i just dont understand why you removed wifi sync to other devices as you can still do it with a imac ?

is the vaults still saved on my local computer so i can back them up.

• That's likely the result of adding in VAT/tax, @meridius. The U.S. price is the base price without tax as most states in the U.S. don't require sales tax to be collected for online purchases unless the vendor has a physical presence in the state. We also don't track your location so what we show in the app can't account for your local taxes since we don't know what's "local" for you. FastSpring, which handles license purchases for us, will provide the total cost inclusive of any tax we're required to collect when you provide your address/location information. Believe me, we take no joy in collecting tax. We don't get any of that additional money and if there is one universal truth in life, it's that no one like taxes. Heck, I live in one of the few states in the U.S. that's often hit by sales tax for online purchases. Most major online retailers have a warehouse somewhere in Texas and that means I get charged tax when I order from them. I hate it, but there's nothing I can do about it. We're required to collect and remit tax by law, which does mean that folks in some countries (and states in the US) are going to pay more and that stinks, but we don't have any choice in the matter.

As for WLAN sync, I'll leave that explanation to our security team. You'll find more info about that here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/87524/on-wlan-sync-in-1password-7/p1

• Oh, sorry, @meridius, I forgot to address your question about local storage. 1Password 7 does store your data locally no matter how you sync. You'll find that local data in %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password in the aptly named data folder. :+1:

• meridius
    meridius
    Community Member

ok i might have to look around at other software as thats abit pricey for me to be honest.

another question if i did use dropbox to sync, once i have synced all my devices could i then delete the vault file form dropbox and then later one if i need to chage things i can re upload the vault files to resync again as i would not liike any files saved like this in the dropbox.

i am also suprised you dont support icloud on windows since apple support this to sync

• meridius
    meridius
    Community Member

anyone

• I'm sorry, @meridius! I had a reply all typed out to you from yesterday evening, but apparently our forum has it in for me and didn't post it and I didn't notice before heading out for the day. Forgive me! 🙏 Apple actually doesn't support the type of syncing we use for 1Password on iCloud for Windows. We use CloudKit, which is only supported on Apple devices at present.

As for Dropbox, you could technically do that. The remote data is only required for sync so if everything is up-to-date, there wouldn't be inherent harm in getting rid of it. That said, I'd recommend keeping a copy of your vault updated in a local folder on your PC at all times. That way you still have a "backup" in a sense and you can separately back up that sync file as you see fit just in case something happens to your devices. If you do decide to do that, though, keep in mind that you'll need to reconfigure sync each and every time you need to make a change. Given the prevailing advice is not to change passwords often, you may not find this is too much extra work, but it's worth being aware of all the same. And, of course, it would be up to you to remember to set that up as needed.

• meridius
    meridius
    Community Member

is there any chance of a discount as i have emailed that rmail link 3 times and nothing as i think its abit to much, also your not relaseisng V8 anytime soon ? and if you are will V7 users get a update for free.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@meridius:

I see that you are already discussing this via email with my colleague Greg. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and let you continue the conversation via email. As it is weekend now, replies might be a bit slower, so thank you in advance for your patience!

ref: KXW-43217-389

• meridius
    meridius
    Community Member

please read this post as it was closed and since i have sent this greg 4 enail this week and he has not set anything back to me at all i thought i would post a new question

again this is what i sent greg

is there any chance of a discount as its still abit much as i have been a user for many years but i would like to upgrade but its abit much for the one time payment and also this is the third or forth time email and you have not repsonded also your not relaseisng V8 anytime soon ? and if you are will V7 users get a update for free.

link to original post

I mean yes close the post once i get some sort of reponce but if your team can not be bothered to repliy please leave this one open.

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/549446#Comment_549446

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@meridius:

We reply to emails in the order we receive them, so someone will be with you as soon as possible. As I wrote in my previous post, it is weekend now, so replies might be a bit slower than usual. But if you keep emailing us multiple times and opening multiple forum discussions, you are just making it more difficult for to get back to you on time because we have to keep replying to you in multiple places.

Thank you again for your understanding!

This discussion has been closed.