Amazon app doesn‘t show „1Password“ for email field

DenalB
DenalB
Community Member
edited February 2020 in iOS

When trying to login to the Amazon (DE) app for the first login field „email or mobile“ there is no possibility to use 1Password. You have to manually open 1Password and copy the email into the Amazon app. When you go further to the next site for the password field there is the possibility to use autofill with 1Password.

Is this a known problem? Can you fix this behavior? I‘m using version 7.4.6 of 1Password app.

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DenalB!

It looks like the Amazon app is not allowing 1Password to interact with the email field I am afraid :(

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@ag_ana - It doesn’t seem to be a 1Password only problem. I tried with Bitwarden and there’s the same behavior. But it would be great if you could find a way to interact with this email field. 👍

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DenalB:

It doesn’t seem to be a 1Password only problem. I tried with Bitwarden and there’s the same behavior.

That was indeed my suspicion. If the Amazon app does not allow any password manager to interact with that field, I am not sure there is anything we can do unless Amazon changes this behavior. But we will see if there is anything we can do despite that :+1:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Would be great @ag_ana . May be there are also other apps which show this behavior if username and password are on different sites? If I find something I will let you know.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @DenalB! Sounds good :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.