Rename primary vault for standalone version?

Psychor
Psychor
Community Member

Hi,

Why is it not possible to rename a primary standalone vault from within the app?

Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Psychor!

This is one of the limitations of the desktop app. 1Password apps expect the first standalone vault to be called Primary, so you cannot change it. You are free to choose the name you prefer for any additional vaults however, the limitation only applies to the Primary vault.

• Psychor
    Psychor
    Community Member

Thank you @ag_ana. While the current version wasn't coded to allow for this feature, perhaps this could be resolved in a future update. It seems an extremely odd omission.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for your feedback :) I will make sure to pass it along to the rest of the team.

• Psychor
    Psychor
    Community Member

Thank you @ag_ana.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• painfuldrink
    painfuldrink
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

This is not true.

Due to a "bug" in the Mac App, I was able to rename my primary vault to something different some time ago. Then this "bug" got fixed / the option got removed.
    Now I have a vault with an obsolete name, which I cannot remove or rename. After contacting AgileBits via the support email address, they simple told me: "Yes, this was indeed a bug, but you cannot change it from now".

The information, that the desktop app depends on a vault named "Primary" is, as far as I understand, not true obviously, as my vault isn't even named something like "Primary".

It is also not a local only change, like the support guy implied, as it got synced to all devices and is even visible in the web app.
    Please enable editing of that vault again, as it obviously has no impact on the functionality on the Mac, Windows, iOS App, 1Password X Browser extension and the CLI application.

This drives me so crazy, that I finally think about switching the password managers. This is not the only issue that 1Password has.
    There are plenty issues like localization issues, fields not syncing properly, item template inconsistencies and much more.

When reading on reddit and in the forums, I only read "contact us via email" and "thanks for your suggestion". But I never really saw a reaction that showed interest and motivation on the side of AgileBits to change something. I do not need a half-working 1Password X app. I also do not understand the priorities of the tasks in the backend.

Existing features with bugs should be fixed instead of optimizing a CSV import for 0.01% of the users, in my opinion.

Thank you for your time. Have a nice day.
    Best regards.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@painfuldrink:

Thank you for the feedback! Indeed, this was a bug that has now been fixed. I am sorry if this causes you any annoyance, but the current one is the expected behavior, so I don't think this will ever change. Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear, but I didn't want to give you false hopes.

This discussion has been closed.