New user: reset password has not updated on Mac or iOS

Options
lbishko
lbishko
Community Member

I used 1Password on my Mac with the Chrome extension to generate a new password for my Google account. However the new password has not successfully been recorded in 1Password using either the Mac app or iOS app. Because I thought 1Password saved the new password I didn't write it down. Now I can't log in to my Google account. Not a good way to start!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.18.0
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: I don't believe I set this up - don't know!

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @lbishko! Welcome to the forum!

Every password created with the password generator is automatically saved for you. Please see this article to see how to retrieve them:

If you used the password generator and can’t find the password to sign in

• lbishko
    lbishko
    Community Member
    Options

This does not address the problem. The password that shows up in 1Password is the OLD password. The new password was not saved.

• lbishko
    lbishko
    Community Member
    Options

1Password is giving me a LOT of grief! I've now reset my Google password but 1Password keeps generating and saving OTHER new passwords! Now I'm in a vicious cycle of password resets and I just can't keep track of which is which!

• lbishko
    lbishko
    Community Member
    Options

I'm going through each account in my vault. They all have DIFFERENT passwords than they did previously. Has 1Password messed up each and every password that I use? I am completely lost - I have NO IDEA what's going on. I have not received any replies to my post on Twitter or to my email for support.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2020
    Options

@lbishko:

I understand the situation, but if you contact us in three different places, it makes it very hard for us to get back to you and have all the information about the issue in a single place. You also contacted us on a Sunday, where response times might be slower. I am sure someone will get back to you as soon as possible.

I have managed to locate the email you sent us in addition to opening this forum discussion. So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: YSC-63621-267

This discussion has been closed.