1Password X Chrome Extension Exporting

I'm testing 1Password for my family. I'm bracing them for a conversion from LastPass so there will be some things they love and some things they hate in this change. Number one on my "love" list is the integration of One Time Passwords so secret keys are saved with the account info. Having about 30 accounts in Google Authenticator without a backup made me nervous, even though I'm careful to have a failover method. (Detection and filling of OTP fields could use some work, but I'm guessing there is far less industry standardization in web design in that area.)

TL:DR
One critical feature is export/import, but none of the instructions for exporting seem to work. The bottom line is I can't select items, and there is no right-click context menu, even for one item. Any suggestions?

ChromeOS Version 79.0.3945.86 (Official Build) (64-bit)
1Password X – Password Manager 1.17.0

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.17.0
OS Version: ChromeOS
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey there @New_Mexico_Mark! Welcome to the forum. :)

We've got some instructions on our support site to export data from the 1Password for Windows and 1Password for Mac desktop apps, but it's not currently possible to export directly from 1Password X. Importing, however, is something that you can do from the 1Password web app. You can find the instructions here.

Detection and filling of OTP fields could use some work, but I'm guessing there is far less industry standardization in web design in that area

I'm mainly just curious about this, but what sites have you come across where 1Password X isn't filling the OTP the way you'd expect? I'd love to test it out on my end and see if we can behave better, so if you could list out the URLs as you find them, that would be awesome.

• M_Thibault
    M_Thibault
    Community Member

This is extremely disappointing. I have a family member with only a Linux machine to work with, so they can't do an export themselves and would have to give me access to their vault. That's an unacceptable situation in terms of security for a password manager. I hope you implement this posthaste.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, @M_Thibault. I've passed it along to the rest of the team as well.

ref: dev/b5/b5#1986

• mheynz
    mheynz
    Community Member

One of my reasons for choosing 1password is that it advertised exporting of the password database. Now I'm surprised to discover that I am not allowed to do that because I can't install the Windows or Mac clients? Please consider bringing the web application up to feature parity or at least releasing clients for other platforms. Please also be clear about what you are selling.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mheynz:

Thank you for your feedback as well! We are always working to bring all the clients to feature parity, so thank you for your patience while we get there :+1:

This discussion has been closed.