Firefox padlock icon

Options
boberonicus
boberonicus
Community Member

Safari: Everything works great.
1Password Client: Everything works great.
Firefox Padlock symbol on bottom right of 1Password icon (see below). Nothing happens when any portion of the icon is clicked.
Firefox: Version 73.0.1 No other extensions are installed. Plugins: OpenH264, Shockwave, Widevine Content Decryption
1P/Browsers: "Always keep 1P Extension Helper running" is checked.

Attempts: Tried restarting 2019 Macbook Pro. No change. Uninstalled 1P from browser. Reinstalled. No change.

1Password Version: 7.4.4.
Extension Version: 1.18 (updated today)
OS Version: OS X 10.15.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @boberonicus

It looks like you have the 1Password X extension installed, but may want the 1Password (desktop app required) extension instead. You can find the latter here:

https://1password.com/browsers/firefox/

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• boberonicus
    boberonicus
    Community Member
    Options

What service! Worked like a charm. Thanks for your rapid and perfect fix.

• Ben
    Options

Great! Glad to hear that helped. If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• boberonicus
    boberonicus
    Community Member
    Options

Ben,

I'm sure someone's thought of this. But a successful add-on installation that results in a locked icon is pretty mysterious. Would it make sense for the locked icon to have mouse-over text for the confused user? Something that would tell me why 1Password X is locked, suggests a link, or tells me "this isn't the right add-on for you"?

Thanks,

Robert

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion @boberonicus. I don't know that there is any way for 1Password X to know that information, in the case where you might be better suited by the traditional extension. The lock icon simply indicates that 1Password X is locked, because you haven't unlocked it yet.

Ben

• boberonicus
    boberonicus
    Community Member
    Options

Fair enough, Add-on "A" wouldn't suggest Add-on "B." But when you click on the locked icon, nothing happens. Shouldn't there be some indication of how to proceed when you click on the locked icon? Something to help the user who might actually want to use 1Password X?

• Ben
    Options

Yes. Normally that would not be the response (or lack thereof). I'm not sure what happened on your system that prevented it from working as expected, but considering you have the 1Password for Mac application installed anyway installing the traditional extension made more sense than troubleshooting 1Password X. Certainly if at some point you want to use 1Password X if it continues to not work as expected we can investigate that further.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.