To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I signed up for 1Password but got busy and didn't download the Emergency kit

Options
KSean
KSean
Community Member

I have my email and the master password, but now have no way to access the secret key, so can't get into my account. I signed up on my PC, but get email on my phone, and if there was an option to download the emergency kit during signup that didn't require email, I didn't see it. The email mentioning the emergency kit is only on my phone, but I have to log in there to get it (and don't have a secret key to do so), so the kit is not on any of my devices. I can delete my account (I'm happy with that, I have no passwords I will lose) but then you will cancel my subscription (I'm not happy with that!). Can I please reset my account or transfer my subscription to a new account after deleting this one?

1Password Version: Doesn't say
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2020
    Options

@KSean

I signed up on my PC,

Check your browser (all browsers) and visit https://my.1Password.com. You may be able to login with the Email/Master Password. The browser may have saved the Secret Key. - https://support.1password.com/secret-key/#get-more-help

Relevant portion:

To find your Secret Key, you’ll need one of the following... a browser you’ve used to sign in to your account before

At the bottom of the topic is a link regarding starting over, should that become necessary.

You would need to reach out to our billing department regarding the billing, and they should be able to assist you through the process. support@1password.com Hopefully that will not be needed, and you can retrieve the Secret Key, using the help topic above.

• KSean
    KSean
    Community Member
    Options

You haven't answered my question or told me anything I don't know, here. I don't have the secret key, I've read they link regarding starting over, and that's why I've posted this question. If I follow that process, you will cancel my subscription - I want to know if you will transfer it or not, and whether you will commit to that.

• Ben
    Options

@KSean

I'm really sorry for any confusion. If you need your remaining balance transferred to another membership that is absolutely something our billing team can help you with. You can reach them at support@1password.com.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.