Sync problem: the client does not sync anything

wizard86pz
wizard86pz
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

As in the title, I've a clear and easy to reproduce issue: I do not see any new entity added in my vault (from iOS/Android/macOS), on the last beta of windows app. Also any entity created on windows app, does not appear in any other device I've used to logged in in my 1Password account.

And, deleting an entity from windows, there is no way to clear the recycle bin.

1Password Version: 7.4.750
Extension Version: NA
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro - version 1909 - build 18363.657
Sync Type: 1Password sync service

Comments

• MikeT
    edited March 2020

Hi @wizard86pz,

Thanks for taking the time to report this. I've moved your post to our Windows Beta forum.

The new item you created in the Windows app, do you see it in the Offline changes section on the left sidebar?

This isn't a known issue right now for 1Password 7.4 beta for Windows app, this looks to be a network issue blocking 1Password from reaching the Internet. You can't empty trash either without being online since it needs to sync up to your 1Password account.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

Sorry for wrong forum section.

Yes, I see it as just created, in the "Offline changes".

Email sent.

Thanks a lot for rapid help.

• Thanks, we got the email and will reply soon.

ref: XLT-52619-259

• rbstrachan
    rbstrachan
    Community Member

Hello,

Sorry to interrupt but I appear to be having a similar problem. I made 15 changes, 10 of them synced fine, the other 5 consistently fail.

Should I send a report also?

Many thanks,
    Ross

• @rbstrachan, do you have Nord VPN or other VPN client running by any chance? If yes, does it sync fine if you turn the VPN off?

• rbstrachan
    rbstrachan
    Community Member

@MikeT

I do have NordVPN but it makes no difference whether its active or not. I've tried locking my vault incase it was a UI issue but it isn't. I also checked 1Password X and it shows the entries have not synced. I'm on Windows 10 1909, lastest 1Password Beta.

• @rbstrachan,

I asked because so far, we have two reports of NordVPN interfering with 1Password not syncing and we're working on a fix in the next update.

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• rbstrachan
    rbstrachan
    Community Member

@MikeT

Sure thing. It's 2AM here, mind if do it in the morning?

As always, thanks for your help :)

Ross

• @rbstrachan Yep, take your time. Have a good night!

• rbstrachan
    rbstrachan
    Community Member

@MikeT

Apologies for the delay in sending the email. Unfortunately, overnight my laptop SSD experienced some kind of failure and is at least partially corrupted. I can no longer boot Windows and as such don't have access to my 1Password vault on Windows. Hopefully I'll get this fixed soon but I suspect it may take some time and money.

Thanks for your help, I'll send the email when I eventually get my laptop back :)

• @rbstrachan,

No need to apologize but I am sorry to hear about what happened to your laptop. I hope you get it back working very soon.

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

@MikeT, I confirm that it works perfectly in last public win10 beta 7.4.751-BETA (build #751).

Thanks for very quick support and fixing.

CC @rbstrachan

• Great to hear, thanks for letting us know here.

This discussion has been closed.