Prevent 1Password X from Auto-Submitting login

Manaburner
Manaburner
Community Member

I've just come across a strange problem and I don't quite know how to fix it or work around it.
When I fill a login on "https://hclsoftware.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operationsportal/logon.do", the site seems to make an auto-submit of my data. However this does not actually log me in, but rather seems to reload the site and ask me again to login. I can't really go past that.
When I enter the login details manually and hit "Log In", I can login without problem.
Any hints and ideas welcome
I'm using Chrome 80.0.3987.87 on Linux

1Password Version: 1.18.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Manaburner!

That's definitely strange. My first theory was that it had something to do with the language picker. This is one of those rare cases where it's actually better to create a Login item completely manually rather than creating one with the inline menu. Here's how:

1. Click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar to open the 1Password X pop-up.
    2. Click the + button in the top right corner of the pop-up.
    3. Click Login.
    4. Type (or copy/paste) your username/password and paste https://hclsoftware.flexnetoperations.com/flexnet/operationsportal/logon.do?language=en_US into the website field.
    5. Click Save.

Go ahead and open the website in a new tab and attempt to fill the new item you just created. Let me know if you're able to get the username and password to fill without the strange refresh. Of course, if it doesn't work, I'd also like to know that so we can try something else. :)

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member

Hi @kaitlyn
    manually creating a Login item worked. Thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Manaburner, on behalf of kaitlyn, you are very welcome! I am very happy to hear things are working as expected now.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.