Single tap to navigate to site?

shrug
edited December 1969 in iOS
Hi,

Sorry if this is a duplicate post, but I did search the forums and faq first. I love 1Password, both on the Mac and iPhone!

Just have one question. I notice that when I go into 1Password for the iPhone, after inputting my password, I can select a site. This takes me into the profile page of the site (login, url, password, etc.), which I then need to click again to go to the site.

My question is, can we remove that middle step, perhaps make that page accessible through an edit button or some other way? I understand that we need to view and edit that info at some point, but 95% of the time, having to see that screen and tap again seems to be unnecessary.

Just wondering what the rationale is for that. Anyway, not a huge deal, just my two cents. Thanks!

shrug

Comments

• MikeT
    edited December 1969
    shrug wrote:
    Hi,

Sorry if this is a duplicate post, but I did search the forums and faq first. I love 1Password, both on the Mac and iPhone!

Just have one question. I notice that when I go into 1Password for the iPhone, after inputting my password, I can select a site. This takes me into the profile page of the site (login, url, password, etc.), which I then need to click again to go to the site.

My question is, can we remove that middle step, perhaps make that page accessible through an edit button or some other way? I understand that we need to view and edit that info at some point, but 95% of the time, having to see that screen and tap again seems to be unnecessary.

Just wondering what the rationale is for that. Anyway, not a huge deal, just my two cents. Thanks!

shrug

Hi, welcome to the forums.

If you have 1PW touch Pro verison, you can use the bookmarketlet in Mobile Safari (fixes are coming soon for this, as some users have issues with this) for this purpose. You go to the site you want in Safari, open the bookmark which will take you directly to 1PW, it'll go to the right site, copy the information and go back to Safari. Mobile Safari doesn't have extensions support like Safari 5 now has, there's no way to make this any more simpler and that's unfortunate.

As to your rationale question, let's put ourselves on the other end for a second. People who do want to manage their password, they'd be going to web sites all the time instead of editing/copying passwords. They'll come in here and ask that we put up the profile page first.

There's also the size issue on the iPhone, we can't just really make the page viewable inside the profile without making it too crowded.

I guess we can ask Agile if they could put like an arrow next to the title so that users can press the arrow to go directly to the sites.
  • shrug
    edited December 1969
    Hi Mikhail,

Thank you for the very prompt response. I do have the Pro version, and I didn't know about the bookmarklet feature, so I will definitely have to check that out! I completely understand that need for managing your passwords, and that if that feature gets buried, some users might be frustrated. From my perspective, I would think the majority of use would be to navigate directly, and not have to manage passwords nearly as often, but perhaps my usage is different than the average user.

I think an arrow or Go button would definitely help. The Recents screen in the Phone app comes to mind. If you click on a number, you call the number. But there's also an arrow where you can see information about the caller. So that would be very similar to what you are describing.

I'm a developer myself, so I know you can't please every user. But again, I greatly appreciate the prompt response and could not now live without my 1Password!

Thanks Mikhail!

shrug
  • MikeT
    edited July 2010
    shrug wrote:
    Hi Mikhail,

Thank you for the very prompt response. I do have the Pro version, and I didn't know about the bookmarklet feature, so I will definitely have to check that out! I completely understand that need for managing your passwords, and that if that feature gets buried, some users might be frustrated. From my perspective, I would think the majority of use would be to navigate directly, and not have to manage passwords nearly as often, but perhaps my usage is different than the average user.

I think an arrow or Go button would definitely help. The Recents screen in the Phone app comes to mind. If you click on a number, you call the number. But there's also an arrow where you can see information about the caller. So that would be very similar to what you are describing.

I'm a developer myself, so I know you can't please every user. But again, I greatly appreciate the prompt response and could not now live without my 1Password!

Thanks Mikhail!

shrug

1PW and the rest of applications at Agile wouldn't be where they are without the users. We do listen to every suggestions, opinions and requests from our users. Agile is in this to make our software the best we can possibly make it. "One for all, all for one" is one of my favorite expressions to use when it comes to this.

Thank you for your comments,
This discussion has been closed.