• Thanks @Joilence. :)

Ben

• macserv
    macserv
    Community Member

+1 vote for this feature, thanks

• :+1:

Ben

• also +1 for this feature. My banking app just released an update and lo and behold: "support for unlocking the database with Apple Watch". Works perfectly too. Seeing as how the 1P master password is something most of us frequently have to enter manually, would be great if you implemented this feature (I'm also spoiled with TouchID on my MacBook Pro, so it always annoys me having to enter the MP in manually on my iMac)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for sharing your feedback as well :+1: :)

• mrbeign
    mrbeign
    Community Member

I like being able to use touch ID on my mac to unlock 1password but when I'm at the office I have the lid closed and use external monitors. It would be nice to have the option to unlock with my apple watch. There are some apps where it allows me to do that by double-pressing a button on my watch.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for taking the time to chime in :+1: :)

• patgmac
    patgmac
    Community Member

Since this is an OS limitation, I would suggest everyone file feedback with Apple at https://apple.com/feedback

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• alexclst
    alexclst
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

If ever Apple opens this up, maybe even expanding macOS Touch ID API to just work with the Apple Watch as well, I’d love to see it. 1P Master Password is the thing I type most often for sure multiple times a day on my iMac, I would absolutely love to be able to unlock it with my watch. +1

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the feedback as well :+1:

• iherman
    iherman
    Community Member

Just adding yet another +1 to this feature, if it is possible :-)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

• RussOniMac
    RussOniMac
    Community Member

Can I request that feature as well?

• Certainly. :) Thanks for the feedback.

Ben

• vs2014
    vs2014
    Community Member

Anything new here? Can we expect support for the Apple Watch? I also find this very convenient and would be very happy about the support.

• @vs2014

I am sorry to say nothing new to report. I would also find it very useful.

• straytaco
    straytaco
    Community Member

+1 to this. I just recently got an iMac and am really missing the ability to access 1Password without having to type the whole password each time.

FWIW, the ability to approve app requests via the watch is available in watchOS 6 or higher: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/use-apple-watch-to-unlock-your-mac-mchl4f800a42/mac

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for sharing your feedback as well @straytaco, and for the link :+1:

• @straytaco,

This has shipped in 1Password for Mac 7.7, to see the system requirements visit https://support.1password.com/apple-watch-mac/#get-help

• Larry Daniele
    Larry Daniele
    Community Member

I'm glad this feature was added. But the sad thing is that the iMacs that need it the most right now (e.g. my iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2019)) can't use it since only the iMac 27-inch 2020 and newer have the required "secure enclave" hardware. My 2016 MacBook Pro with TouchID doesn't need Apple Watch support for 1Password, but gets it. I understand, but it is too bad.

• straytaco
    straytaco
    Community Member

This is amazing. Thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of the developers, you are very welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.