Multi Page User / Password

I know this link has been provided upon doing research of this topic but the instructions are not correct or outdated as compared to the latest version on 1P.

I have a website where the username and password fields are on different pages - when getting to the password page auto fill is not working. Does anyone have suggestions?

What's even more odd is that the URL is the same for the Username / Password pages but I do have to click a "next" button to continue. Again the URL stays the same but the page is different.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @Erehwon ,
    We'll be happy to help you with this, but we'll need the following info first:

• What is the URL of the website in question? We need to test it here.
    • Which operating system are you on? Windows? Mac? which version?
    • Which browser are you using and what is its version?
    • Which extension of 1Password are you using and what is its version?
  • koureuz
    koureuz
    Community Member

I was having trouble creating a login for my Gmail account as Google Chrome mail's username and password fields are split across 2 pages. I followed the 2 steps in the link provided by Erehwon above (https://support.1password.com/create-multi-page-login/).

It worked both to create the login and subsequently to sign in (in 2 steps).

I am using an iMac Pro, macOS Catalina version 10.15.3. Google Chrome browser Version 80.0.3987.87. Google Chrome extension. 1Password 7 Version 7.4.2 (70402004).

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @koureuz ,
    Multi-pages logins will indeed require you to autofill twice - once on the username page and another on the password page. That's expected behavior.

We are working on improving that experience and already have a better one in 1Password X, where it automatically fills in the second page as well, hopefully this behavior will reach the companion extension in the near future.

• koureuz
    koureuz
    Community Member

Thanks, Yaron. :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Yaron, you are welcome @koureuz! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.