1Password doesn't work for local public library

Options

Our local public library system has three fields that need to be filled in:
full name, library card # and password.
1Password fails to recognize the fields and ends up putting the library # in the name field.

And since you guys removed the ability to edit web form data, I can't fix it like I used to be able to do many versions ago.

The URL for the site is:
https://books.kpl.org/iii/cas/login

Please fix 1password for this site.

Also, I have read through all of your arguments delaying putting back editing of web form data and I think I get that your feeling is that you wont hear about the errors in the filling algorithm if you add in the editing of web form data, but ... here is a suggestion.

Added editing of web form data and when a user takes advantage of it, have 1password send back some diagnostic data about the url and the forms that were found vs the forms the user edited to. Yes I know you might not want to have 1password send back diagnostic data, but in this case it is data you are asking people to put here so you can fix the filling algorithm. Clearly the diagnostic data should never have the user name or password or any other data field in it. And just before you send it, you can ask for permission. You can even show the user what you are sending. You can even word the dialog in the form of a bug submission. That way it wont feel at all like 1password is sending diagnostic data back home, and I am sure you would get tons of submissions that way.

In fact, I was surprised to find that there was no "submit a bug" link in the windows 1password UI.

anyway, please fix 1password for this site and consider adding back the web form data editing.

Thanks
Greg

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @gveres!

And since you guys removed the ability to edit web form data, I can't fix it like I used to be able to do many versions ago.

The feature is still available, it was never removed as far as I know. For example, this is where you can edit web form fields in 1Password for Mac:

What version of the 1Password app are you currently using?

Please fix 1password for this site.

I have just tested this here and 1Password was able to fill all three fields for me, so 1Password already works with that website and it definitely should work for you too. Can you please try saving the login manually in your browser and see if that works for you too? That is the method I have just used.

• gveres
    gveres
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Ah, Unfortunately I have switched from the Mac to Windows (what a sad day...) and it appears that this is not available in the windows UI. Let me grab my mac ... Ah there it is for the mac. And I just double checked that it is not available on the windows version.

Now for this site, I did try saving the login manually after it didn't do it automatically the first time. I will try again on the mac. Maybe the mac works better than windows.

• gveres
    gveres
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Interesting. When you do a manual login and have it update an existing login, it doesn't work. But when you have it create a new login, it does work. Updating an existing login appeared to make no change to the existing login.

But creating the login on the Mac manually now works on windows too when filling.

I went back and created yet another login for the site using windows this time and manually creating it. This time it worked there too. It must be that editing an existing entry while manually creating the entry doesn't work properly.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gveres:

That's right, sometimes creating a new login from scratch helps. I am glad to hear that this helped in this case too :)

And 1Password for Windows just received a very big update. Our goal is to bring all of the apps to feature parity, so I am sure it's just going to be a matter of time before all of the features make their way to the Windows app too.

• gveres
    gveres
    Community Member
    Options

Yup, I am running that version. It doesn't have web form detail editing.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gveres:

That's correct.

This discussion has been closed.