Filter By Password Strength?

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way I could filter my vault to show only my "good" passwords, so I can update them to be more secure. I was looking through Watchtower as I do often and it shows I have 20 "good" passwords (the rest are "excellent"). Is there a way to filter by password strength within 1Password?

Thanks so much!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.18.0
OS Version: Windows 10 Home x64 1909
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jdubar! Welcome to the forum!

I know that this is possible in 1Password for Mac by using the advanced search options, but I am not aware of a way to do this in 1Password X I am afraid.

• jdubar
    jdubar
    Community Member

Hello @ag_ana! Thank you for your response. That's unfortunate that it's not possible do this within the browser extension. You say it's possible within 1Password for Mac, though. Is it also possible to do in 1Password for WIndows? If so, may I ask how?

Thanks again!

• @jdubar — I'm not at my Windows PC right now to make sure, but I'm almost positive there's an option for sorting by Password Strength if you open up the desktop app for Windows and choose the little dropdown menu under the search bar. This guide shows you where to find it:
    1Password Support - Get to know 1Password for Windows: Sort items

• jdubar
    jdubar
    Community Member

Hi @cecelia! Sorry to say, I'm unable to find a filter for password strength within the drop-down. I've attached a pic of what I'm seeing.

• I'm so sorry about that @jdubar — I've just received some clarification from the 1Password for Windows team and it looks like that option isn't currently available in 1Password for Windows. I've filed an issue with the developers though, so it's definitely on their radar. I'm really sorry to have gotten your hopes up. The feature is available in the 1Password for Mac app, so hopefully it's something we can implement without too much trouble in the Windows app as well. 🤞🏻

• jdubar
    jdubar
    Community Member

No worries, @cecelia!! Thank you so much for passing the idea along to the developers. I really appreciate it!

• Any time, @jdubar! :smile:

• blaxxz
    blaxxz
    Community Member

+1
    Great idea!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited March 2020

:+1:

ref: dev/windows/opw#2444