Amazon.de: Field for Name and Surname is only filled with Surname?

I added my Identity to 1Password and tried a little bit with autofilling. I was wondering that on the German Amazon website when adding a new address there is only one field for the complete name. But in 1Password I've entered my Name and Surname and the extension seems not to recognize that both names belong together in the field on Amazon.de.

I already created a new field in 1Password called "Vorname und Nachname" because I thought that the extension is looking for that name of the field. But still it doens't recognize the correct filling.

Here are two screenshot which show what I mean.

How can I bring 1Password to autofill such a field correctly?

I already tried with 1Password X (1.18.0) and there it is the same behavior.

1Password Version: 7.4.741-BETA
Extension Version: 4.7.6.BETA-1
OS Version: Windows 10 1909 (Vivaldi & Firefox)
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @DenalB ,

Instead of creating a new field named "Vorname und Nachname", you should check what is the actual field's name in the HTML code of the page. Here's how:
    1. Get to the form on Amazon.de.
    2. Right click the field with your mouse and select "Inspect". It will reveal the HTML code of that field.
    3. Copy the field's "name" or "ID" tag's value from the HTML code and paste it into a new field in your identity item in 1Password.
    4. Put your full name in that field and save the item, then try to autofill with it.

If that didn't work, please post a screenshot here of the field in question and the HTML code that shows up after you select "Inspect", and I'll try to help out with it :)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hey @Yaron , sorry for the short the delay. I searched for an id of this field and thought I found it. But it didn't work.

Here's the screenshot of the page:

So I thought that the name or id of this field was "AddressFullName". So I created such a field in 1Password and filled in the full name.

But as you can see in the firts screenshit still the surname. May be it wasn't what I should looking for? :/

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @DenalB ,
    Thanks for the screenshots!

The actual name of the field is "address-ui-widgets-enterAddressFullName". Why? Because that's what they decided :crazy:
    Please try creating a new field in your identity item called address-ui-widgets-enterAddressFullName, put in your full name in it and save, then try to autofill, see if that works.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @Yaron , sorry for the delay.

I created such a field and tried autofilling on Amazon.de website. But it still doesn't work.

But I think it is not a deal breaker. So I have to fill in my complete name manually if such a field exists. :chuffed:

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @DenalB ,
    Thanks for trying this and for the update.

I think 1Password autofills the first thing that matches, which is the field of your first name, which is why it doesn't even get to the new custom field you made.
    In any case, yes, you can manually fill in the field, or you can open 1Password on your identity item, then drag that field with your mouse and drop it in the field on the website, which might be quicker :)

Thanks for your time and effort on this.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

Thank you too @Yaron !

Just tried another website (https://licensemanager.emclient.com/) and for that I created a new field called "Benutzergruppe" in the 1Password credential and it works perfectly. 1Password recognizes the custom field and filles in the entry. Great! :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @DenalB :+1: :)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

You're welcome @ag_ana ! :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.