can we have a default email for login creation?

Mio
Mio
Community Member

Almost every time I create a new login in the app the login id is my email address, which happens to be long, and which I have to type in every single time. I'm sure that's the case for many users. It would make the app so so much usable if one could auto fill it. It's pretty amazing to me that feature isn't there already.

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 13.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Mio,

It seems we had this feature at one point and lost it somewhere along the way. I'll speak with our development team and see if there is a way to get it back. Thanks!

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#1857

• Mio
    Mio
    Community Member

Thanks @Ben 👍

• No problem. :)

Ben

• drable
    drable
    Community Member

Could I request this as well. 1Password user for a couple of years and would love the ability to:
    a) have a default email address appear in every new Login created within 1Password
    b) retro-actively apply an email address to all 1Password Logins without an email address

Thanks!

Daniel

• Mio
    Mio
    Community Member

Hi @Ben, any news on this?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@drable:

Thank you for chiming in on this as well :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Mio:

No sorry, we don't have anything to share about this yet.

• Jesse_the_K
    Jesse_the_K
    Community Member
    edited June 2020

Workaround:

• turn on autocorrect
    • add your email addresses to your “my card” contact in Addresses.
    • Whenever iOS encounters a field that’s labeled “email,” it offers (up to two) emails from “my card” as autocorrect options

@Mio @drable

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the suggestion @Jesse_the_K :+1:

• j0n
    j0n
    Community Member

Hi folks, I've just re-created this account having been a 1Password user since either the beginning or very close to it. As for entering long and or complicated login IDs, why not just use a keyboard shortcut? It's been working very well for me on IOS (iPhone, iPad and MacPro) as well as on my new S-20 Ultra. I've been away from the forum for a while and thought I'd say hi and get reacquainted. As most if not al of you know, the developers and support staff here at 1PASSWORD are the best!

• Mio
    Mio
    Community Member

That’s pretty cool, I didn’t even know about keyboard shortcuts on iOS until now, thanks!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@j0n:

I've been away from the forum for a while and thought I'd say hi and get reacquainted. As most if not al of you know, the developers and support staff here at 1PASSWORD are the best!

Welcome back! And thank you for the kind words and for the suggestion on this :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Mio:

I am happy to hear that j0n's suggestion helped :)

• j0n
    j0n
    Community Member

My pleasure... that text replacement feature is a tremendous time saver in both IOS and my S20 Ultra!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

• robmnz
    robmnz
    Community Member

I'd support this feature request. Would be super useful.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for chiming in as well :+1: :)

• blackandyellow
    blackandyellow
    Community Member

I would like to see the option of a default email address per vault, as my vaults are different businesses / clients.
    I would also like to have multiple options available, so when I create a new login, I can pick:

username **
    [ ]
    - () email1@email.com
    - (
    ) email2@email.com
    **password

[ ]

• Thanks, @blackandyellow. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.