Too many requests. You have been temporarily limited.

I saw a lot of discussion here from 2016 and looks like that issues was solved. But today I faced this issue again with my 1Password X on Chrome 79.0.3945.130 and on my mobile device that tells about failed synchronization.

Can’t sign in.
Too many requests. You have been temporarily limited — please try again later.

It's bad and unacceptable to be limited to access own and urgent information like this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.18.4
OS Version: Linux Ubuntu 18.04
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2020

Hi @alex_rn! I definitely understand your concern. The rate limiter is in place to protect you, but our intention is never to lock you out of your account. Out of curiosity, did you happen to have an MFA failure prior to running into the error?

I'm also wondering how things are working now for you. Are you able to sign into your account at https://my.1password.com?

• alex_rn
    alex_rn
    Community Member

Hi @kaitlyn
    I'm not sure if there was 2fa failures, just didn't pay attention to it. I able to access my accounts after several hours and the issue doesn't repeat. Now all works just fine.

If i understand correctly, limits is set if several 2fa failures?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad to hear that things are working well now, @alex_rn. Multiple MFA failures in a short period of time may trigger that. It's something that we'll be able to reset for you if need be, though.

• alex_rn
    alex_rn
    Community Member

That's sounds healthy. Thank you.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Anytime! Feel free to reach back out if you run into the issue again. Just a heads up, though. In order for us to do anything account specific, we'd need to chat via email rather than the public forum. So if you were to need your account unlocked, for example, you'd want to contact us at support@1password.com instead. If you have other questions, then feel free to ask them in the forum! :)

• putna
    putna
    Community Member

Hello,

Running business account, can not login due to this error: Too many requests. You have been temporarily limited.
    My work hours are wasted waiting to get login details.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@putna:

We will be happy to help you with this. As per my colleague kaytlin's message above yours, to avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support@1password.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• putna
    putna
    Community Member

figured it out, my laptop time was 1minute out of sync. two factor authenticator was entered invalidly 5 times. system decided to block me. not a usual situation, but UI could tell me that my clock is out of sync. AWS does this

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@putna:

Thank you for the feedback on this! And I am happy to hear that you have managed to get things sorted out already :+1:

This discussion has been closed.