Chrome 1PasswordX window keeps closing in the middle of me typing my password

Hello,

This issue started a few weeks ago and is very intermittent. When I type in my password to unlock the extension, sometimes the window will simply disappear in the middle of me typing. It can't be reproduced consistently. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all, sometimes I can unlock it the second time, sometimes I have to try 3 or 4 times. I have tried with no other applications running and no tabs (besides the new tab page), it doesn't seem to be related to which site I'm on at the time.

Any help would be appreciated

1Password Version: N/A
Extension Version: 1.18.6
OS Version: Windows 10 Chome v80
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kevdliu!

Is this happening in Chrome, Firefox, or both? And what versions of the browser are you using when this happens?

• kevdliu
    kevdliu
    Community Member

I'm using Chrome v80. I don't use Firefox so have not tried it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@kevdliu:

Do you have other extensions installed in the same Chrome profile, or is 1Password X the only one? If you do have other extensions, do things change if you temporarily disable them? I am wondering if there is something interfering on your machine.

• kevdliu
    kevdliu
    Community Member

I have a few extensions installed and have been trying to determine if any of them causes the problem. However I have not seen the problem after the latest 1passwordx update so maybe it's resolved there.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

I'm glad to hear you haven't run into the issue since the last 1Password X update, @kevdliu! It's something we resolved in the 1.18.8 beta. :)

• kevdliu
    kevdliu
    Community Member

That's great. Thank you all!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@kevdliu – You're very welcome. ❤️

This discussion has been closed.