Where is the "Sync" setting?

BlueSwitch
BlueSwitch
Community Member

Hello. According to this help page https://support.1password.com/sync-with-dropbox/ to sync 1Password with Dropbox I shall Open and unlock 1Password, then tap Settings > Sync. I can't find this entry in Settings. Only 1Password accounts and Vaults. Where is the sync with Dropbox feature now? Thank you.

(I'm a paid subscriber of 1Password.com but I also have an opvault file in Dropbox I need to sync to.)

1Password Version: 7.5.BETA-6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• BlueSwitch
    BlueSwitch
    Community Member

Hello. Not cross-posting, same question I asked in the Android Beta topic, but applied to the Mac app. The help page https://support.1password.com/sync-with-dropbox/ says I should From the 1Password menu, choose Preferences and then Click the Sync icon, then select the vault you want to sync but I don't see the Sync icon in Preferences. Only "Accounts". Where is the sync with Dropbox? Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.4.2
    Extension Version: 7.4.4
    OS Version: macOS 10.15.3
    Sync Type: 1Password.com

• Hi @BlueSwitch

There are no sync settings if you're signed into a 1Password.com account. Syncing is handled by the 1Password.com service. Sorry for any confusion.

Ben

• BlueSwitch
    BlueSwitch
    Community Member

Hello Ben! Thanks! Does it mean I can sync my Dropbox file directly from my 1Password.com account, and it will appear as a standard Vault? I could not find how to do that on 1Password.com. I have tons of old passwords in my opvault file I still need to access; all have not already been moved to my new Vaults in the 1P cloud.

• BlueSwitch
    BlueSwitch
    Community Member

Up :) Thanks!

• @BlueSwitch

We don't generally recommend using both 1Password membership vaults and standalone vaults. I would suggest opening the OPVault file in Dropbox by double clicking on it using your Mac, moving the data from it to an appropriate membership vault, and then removing the extraneous standalone vault.

Ben

• BlueSwitch
    BlueSwitch
    Community Member

Thanks for your reply Ben.

I understand it's not recommended. But then it's possible? Please how? It would be much easier to bulk move my passwords from OPVault file to Membership Vaults from inside 1P app, as I've always done. I take my responsibilities :) Thanks!

• Hi @BlueSwitch. Sorry, but I'm not quite sure I understand the issue. It sounds like you just need to move data from a standalone vault into your account, but not sync both. Is that right, or have I misunderstood?

If so, you can indeed sync your vault on either Mac or Android, then sign into your account and move the data. This would require reinstalling on Android, so I'd recommend doing it on Mac instead. Just go to Dropbox on your Mac, and double click on the OPVault folder. It should open in 1Password. Then, follow these steps to move your data into the account.

Let me know how that goes!

• BlueSwitch
    BlueSwitch
    Community Member

Indeed the trick is to first logout of 1P account. Then setup Dropbox sync. Then login again into 1P account. Now I have all my passwords from both and I can move them between the vaults. Perfect, thanks!

• Thanks for the update @BlueSwitch. :) Once you've moved everything we'd highly recommend removing the standalone vault.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.