No prompt to save login in 1password but Safari prompts properly

Hello,

I am not getting 1Password prompts to save logins in 1Password. Safari prompts properly. I am having to manually enter a lot of these which is a pain.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @umarwadia!

Can you please clarify what you mean by "Safari prompts properly"? Do you mean that you are using the built-in password manager in Safari instead of 1Password? If that is the case, we actually recommend disabling that, and letting 1Password do it job, otherwise the two can interfere with each other.

• umarwadia
    umarwadia
    Community Member

Even after dialing the Safari auto fills, 1Password does not prompt to save a web log-in.

• @umarwadia

Do you have the preference enabled for 1Password to prompt you to save new logins?

Ben

• umarwadia
    umarwadia
    Community Member

Yes. the Detect new names option is on. I don't have the browser extension since it install 1P 7.0 and I have 6.0 and do not want to pay to upgrade.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited March 2020

1Password cannot prompt you to save Logins without the browser extension. It is the browser extension that generates that prompt.

Ben

• umarwadia
    umarwadia
    Community Member

So what are my options with 1P version 6.0?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@umarwadia - if you're using 1Password 6 for Mac, then your options are to either switch to a different browser such as Chrome (or a Chrome derivative) or Firefox, upgrade to 1Password 7 for Mac (either via a standalone license or a 1password.com account membership, which which would be our suggestion, for multiple reasons), or use copy/paste from the main 1Password 6 app into Safari each time you need to sign in somewhere, which I would not suggest, as this utilizes the system clipboard and thus makes username and password you copy available to any application on your Mac.

This discussion has been closed.