Dropbox For Business changed my opvault path now 1Password is unable to find it

idimmu
idimmu
Community Member

Up until today I had plain old Dropbox with 1Password syncing to it, and everything was fine. The complete path was

/Users/idimmu/Dropbox/Apps/1Password/1password.opvault

Today we got Dropbox For Business and my Dropbox folder changed path form /Users/idimmu/Dropbox to /Users/idimmu/Your team Dropbox/idimmu and the new path for the opvault is /Users/idimmu/Your team dropbox/idimmu/Apps/1Password/1password.opvault

No matter what folder I select, 1Password will not let me pick any of the path for the Dropbox folder so is no longer syncing.

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@idimmu - did you switch Dropbox users in the Dropbox app itself? 1Password for Mac uses the Dropbox app, so you can't select file paths that aren't part of it.

• idimmu
    idimmu
    Community Member

no nothing changed in the account itself

• @idimmu

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/95112/
    • Your forum username: idimmu

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• idimmu
    idimmu
    Community Member

Hi,

sent the report in, waiting on the automated reply now!

Thanks

• idimmu
    idimmu
    Community Member

For your reference, your support ID is [#WAC-57295-798].

Thanks Ben!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@idimmu - thanks, one of us will be with you shortly via email. :+1:

• jkellygraham
    jkellygraham
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue. Have you determined the solution?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @jkellygraham! I'm sorry for the difficulty. Without a little more information from you, however, it's difficult to say what might be going on with your specific setup. Can you tell us what specific version of macOS you're using, what specific version of 1Password for Mac, and what type of sync you're using (and any peculiarities of that)? Thanks. :)

• jkellygraham
    jkellygraham
    Community Member

Thanks Lars! Here's the info. I recently migrated from Dropbox Pro to Dropbox Business. When asked to locate my vault folder, I click and nothing happens. I believe I saw in another forum that there was an issue with 1Passwords permissions to ~/Dropbox but not ~/Team Dropbox. Of course this is over my head, but the basic idea makes sense.

I'm running 1Password, Version 6.8.8 (688001), and Mac OS Mojave Version 10.14. My wife and I are temporarily using our respective iCloud accounts to sync, but we like to keep our syncs updated together through Dropbox, and I don't believe that's possible through iCloud with two different apple ID's.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jkellygraham - thanks for the update. If you've migrated to a Dropbox Business account, that's likely going to be the issue, as you surmised. And yes, iCloud does not allow for data-sharing between accounts, so you cannot share your 1Password data that way. The best way to share data between users, by far, is a 1Password Families account -- this gives you and up to four additional family members access to all four of our native 1Password apps (Windows, Mac, iOS and Android), and also gives each member of the account a Personal vault for their individual items as well as a Shared vault for things you all need access to. It's what I'd recommend for someone in your situation. Feel free to ask any questions you might have! :)

• jkellygraham
    jkellygraham
    Community Member

Thanks for the confirmation, Lars. Any chance of 1Password getting permission for access to Dropbox Business accounts?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@kjellygraham - it's not impossible, but it's also not something we're likely to be front-burnering any time soon. We already have Dropbox sync that works as well as anything except 1password.com accounts...and we have 1password.com accounts. That's a way of syncing that we can control both ends of, so we can really dig in and fix things that aren't working well, so that's where we're concentrating most of our development energy, at least for the time being.

• jkellygraham
    jkellygraham
    Community Member

Got it. Thank you again. You have been extremely helpful.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jkellygraham - you're quite welcome -- drop by anytime if you have questions or run into difficulties. :)

• campweber
    campweber
    Community Member

Hi there, I see the last post on this was in 2018...any chance it's been updated to allow now? My office wants me on Dropbox for business, I've resisted but it's becoming difficult. I'd love a way to have my personal (shared with my husband and I) and my business passwords all in one place and shared still (between my husband and I). Thoughts?

• Hi @campweber

It is unlikely that additional support for Dropbox will be forthcoming. Our focus is on our 1Password.com service, which can do everything Dropbox can and more with regard to 1Password. Additionally, we no longer support using 3rd party sync solutions for sharing 1Password data between people. The only supported solution for sharing is 1Password.com.

You can read more about the 1Password.com service here:

About 1Password membership

I would encourage you to consider migrating from Dropbox to 1Password.com for your 1Password data. Thanks!

Ben

• campweber
    campweber
    Community Member

Thank you!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@campweber - on behalf of Ben, you're quite welcome. Glad he was able to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.