How to sync iOS app with Dropbox vault? (iOS "Sync with Dropbox" support article is incorrect)

t038722
t038722
Community Member
edited March 2020 in iOS

I have a "Primary" vault in 1Password 7 on Mac (7.4.4), which is synced to Dropbox/1Password/1Password.opvault

I want to use this vault with my iPhone 6S 1P app (7.4.6), so I'm following the instructions here:

https://support.1password.com/sync-with-dropbox/

One line says "Tap Settings > Sync > Primary, then tap Start Syncing" but there's no "Sync" on the Settings screen

Another line says "Tap Settings > Vaults > Sync Additional Vault" but that option doesn't exist either.

Please help, thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Tom Haynes

You won't have those settings if you're signed into a 1Password membership account, as 1Password membership handles your syncing in that case. Are you signed into a 1Password account on the iPhone?

Ben

• t038722
    t038722
    Community Member

@Ben Thanks for the fast reply. That was the issue. I logged out, chose Dropbox, and now it's working. Looks like the Desktop app can sync both types of vaults at the same time, but the mobile app can't.

Do I still need to pay $3.99/mo if I'm not using 1P to sync?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Tom Haynes:

A Membership has a lot of benefits other than automatic sync, so it might be worth keeping it if you are interested in any of those features ;)

This discussion has been closed.