Start in Logins? Auto Signon? Supply Last name?

Options
tobindia
tobindia
Community Member

I have several basic questions about 1Password 7:

• 1Password 7 seems to start in either “All Items” or “Favorites.” Since 99.9% of my use in 1Password is for logging into websites, I would like to start in Logins? Is there a way to do this?

• Double-clicking on a Login, starts a new tab and fills in the Username and Password. Is there also a way to actually sign-in to the website?

• The American Airlines login website (https://www.aa.com/homePage.do) requires “Last name.” My wife’s Login fills this in correctly, but mine fills it in with my Username (in addition to filling in the Username field correctly). There seems to be no difference in the 2 1Password entries. How do I change my iPassword Login to fill in the “Last name” field correctly?

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 13.0.3
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tobindia!

1Password 7 seems to start in either “All Items” or “Favorites.” Since 99.9% of my use in 1Password is for logging into websites, I would like to start in Logins? Is there a way to do this?

You cannot open it directly to Logins, but you can open it to Suggestions, which will show you the list of logins available for the website you are on. You can change this setting under 1Password Preferences > Mini tab.

I am not aware of a way to do this in the main 1Password desktop app.

Double-clicking on a Login, starts a new tab and fills in the Username and Password. Is there also a way to actually sign-in to the website?

No, you will need to press the Enter key on your keyboard to complete the login process.

The American Airlines login website (https://www.aa.com/homePage.do) requires “Last name.” My wife’s Login fills this in correctly, but mine fills it in with my Username (in addition to filling in the Username field correctly). There seems to be no difference in the 2 1Password entries. How do I change my iPassword Login to fill in the “Last name” field correctly?

Can you try saving a new item manually in the browser? This typically resolves issues such as this one.

• tobindia
    tobindia
    Community Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Thanks for your response, ag_ana.

"You cannot open it directly to Logins, but you can open it to Suggestions, which will show you the list of logins available for the website you are on. You can change this setting under 1Password Preferences > Mini tab."

That doesn't really meet my needs either, but I'll try it out for a while.

"No, you will need to press the Enter key on your keyboard to complete the login process."

Too bad.

"Can you try saving a new item manually in the browser? This typically resolves issues such as this one."

That worked. Thanks.

• @tobindia

I fixed some of the quoting in your post. I hope you don't mind. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

This discussion has been closed.