iPad sync issue turns into can't log in

dctprice
dctprice
Community Member

iPad wouldn't sync with 1 password so took the following steps:
updated app as it had been awhile since using the iPad
signed out of 1 password - this is where the sign issues began
deleted app and reinstalled and still couldn't sign in
the app remembered account but would say there is a problem with my sign in, please check password or use emergency kit
so tried adding the account using the setup code from another device and got a device limit warning and would let me sign in
went to website to sign in and now locked out of that, too many tries
app works fine on Mac with password and other devices currently using biometrics and they are all synced
Suggestions?

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 13.3.1
Sync Type: 1 password account

Comments

• Hi @dctprice,

On your Mac if you open the vault switcher at the upper left of 1Password (rainbow colored icon) do you see a vault called "Primary"?

Please let me know.

Ben

• dctprice
    dctprice
    Community Member

Thanks for replying Ben. I don't currently have that same ipad in front of me currently, but seems after waiting overnight, all is good as I was able to set it early this morning with no issues. I must have locked myself out. But do have a question concerning syncing. When syncing doesn't occur on ios, is there a process to get it back?

• @dctprice

Switching vaults or locking/unlocking 1Password will "force" a sync, if one is possible. But that shouldn't be necessary. Changes should be syncing nearly instantaneously. If that isn't happening that would indicate a problem which we should troubleshoot. :) Glad to hear things are sorted for now. I'd still recommend checking each of your devices for the presence of a "Primary" vault as that'll almost certainly cause another trip up if it still exists anywhere.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.