Private vault guest account

Florys
Florys
Community Member

Hello,

I got a question regarding a private vault of a guest account.
A while ago I made a guest account so that that someone in our organization could have access to a private vault where he could store some need to know logins.
For some reason he lost access to his guest account so we recovered his guest account but now it seems there isn't private vault anymore.
So i did some searching and I found this: https://support.1password.com/guests/ and there it states that guest users don't have a private vault.

So right now I'm wondering where he did save those logins in the first place if a private vault never existed in the first place, or is it a feature that has been removed at some point?

Thanks,
Chris

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Florys,

Guests only ever have access to a single shared vault. If they were saving logins in 1Password then they were being saved in the shared vault that they were given access to, or outside of your membership entirely (e.g. perhaps they have their own membership or a standalone vault independent of your membership). This has been the case for the duration of the existence of guest accounts. If you have a 1Password Business membership then a usage report may help you identify where these items were being saved, if they were indeed saved within a vault in your membership:

Create reports in 1Password Business

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.