Hi guys, Aborted 1PW 7 installation disabled syncing with 1PW 6 on another device. Help

Options

I run 1Password 6 on my desktop computer (MacPro running 10.14.6). I purchased a new laptop (MacBook Air running Catalina (10.15.2). During the set-up of the laptop, I went to the Apple App Store to download 1Password. It happily downloaded 1Password 7 before I realized that the new version was subscription only. I aborted the installation. However, now, my desktop Mac will no longer sync to our three iOS devices. Not only that, the appropriate file on Dropbox is now gone. How do I re-establish sync from my MacPro? Thanks

1Password Version: 6.8.8
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 6 alert: Sync Disabled?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Snowy_Range

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Have you tried following the Dropbox setup instructions? You can find them here:

Sync your 1Password data

Ben

• Snowy_Range
    Snowy_Range
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Ben. Yesterday, I kept trying the Dropbox setup instructions and was getting a message similar to "Sync has been disabled". Today, at your suggestion, I tried one more time and miraculously, the system was healed. It all worked. Thanks again.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear it was able to be sorted out. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.