Can't log into the app on Mac - defaults to the email address of account holder (my husband)

mkosseim
mkosseim
Community Member

My husband is the owner of our family account.
I can successfully log into my.1password.com on Chrome on my Mac - using my own master password.
However, when I try to use the app, it defaults to the email address of my husband. We can use his master password to log in, and we can certainly see my vault and my logins. But we can't figure out how to login to my account on the app. The app doesn't give us a way to change the account before asking us for the master password.
I am using Version 6.8.9 (689001).
We have additionally tried in the main menu "Account - Sign in to additional Account". I put in my info, including my secret key, and the ball keeps on spinning and it times out.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @mkosseim

In order to do what you are seeking, that being logging into each account respectively. You will need to be using individual OS user accounts. 1Password is not designed to allow multiple users to login within a single OS user account.

• derekmetz
    derekmetz
    Community Member

My wife and I have a family account and we share the same iMac with different User accounts. I used the app to login to my account from my User profile, but when we switch to her side, my email address is the default and we can't login with her account. Is it possible to login to our respective accounts as different Users on our Mac?

• ag_tommy
    edited March 2020

@derekmetz

It sounds as if you may have accidentally added your 1Password Account to her macOS account. 1Password doesn't share data between user accounts. Is all of her 1Password stored data within her Account? If so, you can reset the application from her user account and complete the sign-in with her credentials (Secret Key, Email, and Master Password.)

https://support.1password.com/starting-over/#reset-1password

• derekmetz
    derekmetz
    Community Member

This worked. Thank you very much.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of ag_tommy, you are welcome @derekmetz! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.