Community Member
edited March 2020 in Android

Hi,

• Open 1Password
  • Switch back to smartphone home screen
  • Lock your smartphone
  • Unlock your smartphone again
  • Immediately 1Password is starting and asks for unlock

The only thing you could do to stop it: Close 1Password via swipe away from app switcher functionality.

1Password Version: 7.6.BETA-1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 10
Sync Type: 1Password account

Comments

• RonHeiby
    RonHeiby
    Community Member

I have also been seeing this, but not only on unlock, but also at seemingly random times while using the phone. Not super frequently, but often enough that I'm sure I haven't accidentally done something to invoke it. I'm also running 7.6.BETA-1 on Android 10 with 1Password account sync.

• wizard86pz
    wizard86pz
    Community Member

I have the exact behaviour of @RonHeiby, from
    One Plus 3, SDK 28, from 1Password 7.6.BETA-1, build 70600001.

• @Philipp, @RonHeiby, and @wizard86pz. Thanks for reporting this! I'm seeing same behavior on my end, and I'll report this to our development team to look into.
    ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#1062

• pentondb
    pentondb
    Community Member

I am seeing that behavior, but had noticed it first when opening 1Password to copy some information, then switching back to where I needed to put the info. A short time later, 1Password locked, as expected, but also forced the lock screen to the foreground, interrupting what I was working on. That behavior is a recent development, perhaps with 7.6 beta 1 or the last beta of 7.5.

• Thanks for the input, @pentondb. I'll share your feedback on this issue with our development team, as well!

• digitalfiz
    digitalfiz
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

For some reason every time I unlock my phone I am greeted with 1password being in the foreground and unlocking itself. I have tried restarting my phone and killing 1password but it just seems to keep happening. Its quite annoying. Anyone know how to stop this behavior it just started a few days ago.

1Password Version: 7.6.BETA-1
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Android 10
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@digitalfiz:

I have moved your message to the Android Beta section of the forum, since you are running version 7.6.BETA-1, and I have merged it with the existing discussion about this. Please see above for all the information :+1:

• jcat
    jcat
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

Yes! And it’s worse than that for me. In the middle of doing something else, like typing a text or email (something that does not require a password), 1Password opens and asks for unlock.

For me, closing 1Password with swipe from app switcher does not work to stop this. I have to restart. Problem begins every time I use 1Password (whether opening the app or using autofill) and doesn’t stop til I restart. 7.6 BETA-1, Android 10, Galaxy S8

• jcat
    jcat
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

Sorry, duplicate post!

• Philipp
    Philipp
    Community Member

With beta 2 this bug is resolved for me. Thanks for your fast update! :-D

• I'm glad to hear that, @Philipp! Thanks for confirming the fix worked!

@jcat Please update when 7.6.BETA-2 is available to you, as this version has the fix.

• jcat
    jcat
    Community Member

The new beta resolves this issue for me as well!

• I'm glad to hear that! Thanks for letting me know!

This discussion has been closed.