There is a very big bug in IOS applications

sylvainregis
sylvainregis
Community Member

There is a very big bug in IOS applications:
In a secure note, when the * sign is present in a code attached to the # sign, this * is not displayed in viewing mode. If you edit the note it reappears.
This implies that all the codes with * or this combination are wrong when viewing !!!

Please correct this big very quickly.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:IOS Apps Bug !

Comments

• sylvainregis
    sylvainregis
    Community Member

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sylvainregis!

The "*" is a special character in markdown. When something starts and ends with an asterisk, markdown turns it to bold, so secure notes are not the best place to store passwords. May I recommend you don't use secure notes to store passwords, and instead use a password field for them instead? You can create custom fields in any 1Password item.

• sylvainregis
    sylvainregis
    Community Member

Thank you for your answer but I store text information in the notes (even if some text corresponds to passwords) and there is no reason not to view them correctly, you will understand.
    In addition, it's been over 5 years that I use 1password (OSX + IOS) and that this bug did not exist and therefore belongs to one of the last update of the IOS application!
    It is a bug because nothing justifies that a note is not transcribed identically in visualization quite simply.
    Please keep me informed ...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@sylvainregis:

Thank you for the additional information. Markdown was introduced when 1Password 7 was released in 2018, while before that, secure notes were plain text. Because of this, I recommend you continue storing text notes in the Secure Notes section, but you store passwords inside password fields instead, as they are built exactly for that purpose.

This discussion has been closed.