Should we have a secret key for an older account?

jeff599
jeff599
Community Member

I have an annual subscription account (single user) that I bought last summer- I'm running 1password 7.4.4.
My wife and I sat down to do the steps to convert me to a family account, and make her a family member on that plan.
Her current 1password is 6.8.9, and running updater says, "You're up to date". She bought this 3/15/18 for 64.99.
The instruction set you gave someone else in this forum starts by saying the soon-to-be family member should log on to the website and verify that they have their emergency kit & secret key. Logging onto the website, the secret key is requested, but there is no evidence anywhere in emails or files on her computer that she ever had a secret key. Was this a new thing in 1PW7?

Can we proceed with following the family account setup instructions even though she cannot do the step of verifying her existing standalone account with a secret key? Please help.

Thanks,
Jeff

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.15.4
Sync Type: can't recall/don't know how to check

Comments

• Hi Jeff,

It looks like you've also sent us this same question via email. To avoid duplicating efforts I'm going to close this thread, but one of my colleagues will be in touch soon through email. Thanks.

Ben

ref: WYD-47712-421

This discussion has been closed.