Helper never starts - connect

Hello,

every time I log bac in my user account

I get the red dot, as the helper does not strats, activate itself, or connect or link with the extension

this prevents me from using shortcuts

very annoying

I repair permissions, ran Disk Warrior
use Agile troubleshootin application

No solution

the only way to get it going is to start the 1P application
I use 3.9.2 from the MAS

Thanks

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Can you confirm for me that the option to "Keep helper running…" is CHECKED in 1Password's preferences?

20111204-dgdcearqd4ssyp3xm8igt5q2kc.png
  • Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    edited December 2011
    Yes I confirm it was

and I tried to disable it, close 1P app, restart 1P app, reselect, and re-close 1P app
    without any success

I also removed the extension and re-installed it

I now reverted to the non-MAS version 3.8.9b2 to be able to work

before I made a report (in case you ask for it)

any further suggestions ?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2011
    Hey Gilles,

I am a bit confused since you said you reverted to "the non-MAS version 3.8.9b2". However, 3.8.9.b2 is a beta version of the browser extension not the 1Password application. This is unrelated to the Helper or its ability to run on Login.

Please do email us a fresh, current Diagnostics Report if you are still having trouble. If you have reverted to 1Password.app 3.8.x and the problem does not exist, we will obviously not be able to troubleshoot it. But if you are running 1Password 3.9.x and having the problem, we would love to take a look. You can email the report to support AT agilebits.com.

Thanks!
  • Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    edited December 2011
    Sorry
    version 3.8.12 beta 4 for the App

I am emailing the report

Thanks
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    No worries! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy. :)

We will take a look and reply as soon as we can.

Cheers,
  • Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    khad wrote:

No worries! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going crazy. :)

We will take a look and reply as soon as we can.

Cheers,

???
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    My sincerest apologies for the confusion, Gilles. You ticket was accidentally marked as closed, so it slipped through the cracks. This should not have happened.

Sadly, it appears that you are being affected by a bug we have reported to Apple in which 1Password is unable to register the Helper to launch on startup.

Please uncheck "Keep helper running to enable extension features" in 1Password's preferences.
    20111124-f7fs2ax17rthf3kjj5u883ag7a.png
    Please make sure that you disabled that setting before proceeding. Once you have uncheck the "Keep helper running to enable extension features" setting:

1. In Finder, select Go > Go to Folder from the menu bar.
    2. Copy and paste the following path and then press Return:
    /Applications/1Password.app/Contents/Library/LoginItems/

3. Open System Preferences.
    4. On the "Users & Groups" pane, select the "Login Items" tab for your account.
    5. Drag "1Password Helper"" from the Finder window to the "Login Items" list.
    20111123-qd96g6amy35bwckf24hiy7f96f.png
    Once 1Password Helper is listed in your Login Items, restart your Mac.
  • I'm having the same issue with the Mac App Store version on my MacBook Pro, but not on my iMac (both running current version of Lion). I'll give the workaround a shot.

Khad - do you know if this will impact anything down the line should Apple fix the bug or a workaround gets baked into the software? Will we have to go back and remove the Login Item?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the forums, Matt. I am sorry that you are also experiencing this problem.

Khad - do you know if this will impact anything down the line should Apple fix the bug or a workaround gets baked into the software? Will we have to go back and remove the Login Item?

I believe that would be the best course of action. This is something we are still investigating, so I can't say for certain just yet.
This discussion has been closed.