Disparate vaults in 1Password7

Options
gbez
gbez
Community Member

I previously synced my 1 password accounts to dropbox. Now I have an individual 1password 7 membership. It is my understanding that things no longer have to be synced to dropbox or icloud. I use the latest iphone app, mac app and the chrome extension on mac.

I have 2 vaults, one under my name called "personal" and one On My Mac called "primary". These vaults don't have the same things. When I create a new item on my mac, it doesnt show on my iphone which is under "personal". I believe. On my mac if I go under "sync" it asks if I want to use dropbox or icloud (thought I was trying to avoid that).

When i use the "all vaults" tab on my mac and select both vaults, many many things are duplicated.

What should i be doing? Can one of these vaults be removed? Condensed? I obviously want a good secure option that keeps all activity up to date across my macs and iphones.

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: OS 10.15.3
Sync Type: Membership
Referrer: forum-search:vault management

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @gbez

The Primary vault should've been deleted as part of your migration to a 1Password account. I'm sorry to hear that did not happen. What I would recommend at this point is moving anything you've saved in Primary that is not already in Personal to Personal, and then delete Primary:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

It may help to sort your list of items in 1Password by date modified to spot the differences between the two vaults.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.