MS EDGE extension not working

I'm using 1password for WIndows running on WIndows 10 on a MS Surface Pro6. My primary vault is on Dropbox and is shared by another Windows7 laptop and also my iPhone.

It was working for months with the Edge browser - then stopped in mid March. I'd click on the icon, but nothing happened. Rebooted. No joy. I uninstalled and tried to reinstall, but it says it's already installed, although it's not listed under Extensions, and there's no icon on the ribbon.

1Password on the Windows 7 laptop and iphone still works perfectly.

Any ideas? Another victim of Covid-19?!
Thanks
Linda

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Britgirl41! Welcome to the forum!

The next time that this happens, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your PC and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Britgirl41
    Britgirl41
    Community Member

Here is the support ID: [#VPM-18596-725]

Thanks for your help
    Linda

• Hey there @Britgirl41 👋

We received your email and I have just replied to you there!

• Britgirl41
    Britgirl41
    Community Member

Thanks Blake. I upgraded to the new Edge and added the 1Password extension OK.

But the only vault that shows up is the Personal vault with my account. I need the Dropbox vault which I used with the old Edge, and which is shared by my other devices - an iPhone and a Windows 7 laptop. How do I link that Dropbox vault to the extension?

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Britgirl41,

Could you please specify what extension you installed in Edge now? Is it 1Password X? If so, please try to remove it and install 1Password companion extension instead.

To use extensions from the Chrome Web Store in the new Microsoft Edge:

1. Open Edge and choose ... > Extensions.
    2. Turn on "Allow extensions from other stores."

Let us know how it goes. Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• Britgirl41
    Britgirl41
    Community Member

It works with my Dropbox vault now.
    Thanks so much!
    Linda

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Britgirl41,

Great news! :) I am glad to hear you are all set now.

Feel free to reach out to us anytime, we are always ready to help you with 1Password.

Stay safe,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.