1P7 resets point to type-in UI on UI update

lumarel
lumarel
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hey all,

I caught an UI update, which kind of breaks the usability of the point to type-in feature:

This happens e.g. if a item is saved and due to that Marked with the Pending Changes status

And right at the moment as the synchronization happens, this entry fades as well as the type-in pointer disappears.

Took me some times until I realized, that the password hasn't been entered somewhere else, which would be really dangerous security-wise.

Thank you all for your work and stay healthy in these times! :chuffed:

~lumarel

1Password Version: 7.4.761
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 1909 18363.720
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi @lumarel,

Thanks for reporting this.

I apologize but I do not understand what you're saying here.

When you say "point to type-in", what do you mean? The Type in Window feature when you right-click the field?

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member
    edited March 2020

Hey @MikeT

Sorry for the confusion, I couldn't remember the official term anymore.
    I mean the new filling option which has been introduced in 7.4
    I will just show you the problem for short, that makes it easier :chuffed:

As you can see I'm editing and saving an object via the main window, as well as using the feature via this window. (during the reproduction I noticed this works correctly in the rightclick-menu in the main window and the 1Pmini)
    I'm holding the mouse button also after the pointer/cross disappears.

So, for comparison the working way:

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member

Point to Type-In makes for me the most sense as the term for this function, because you are actually pointing with the wanted value where you want to fill it. And I'm not completely sure, but it looks like it types the characters instead of copying it.
    (this actually saved me a lot of time lately, you can even fill in into RDP sessions in another RDP sessions of a VM which doesn't support the clipboard, in this case a very old Windows Server 2003 R2 :lol: )

• MikeT
    edited March 2020

Hi @lumarel to be consistent with other 1Password on other platforms, we call it drag and drop as you're dropping where you're dragging the item to.

I believe we are aware of this issue, we have a focus bug when there's a background sync; that is likely what's killing your drag. We're working on fixing it ASAP.

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member

Okay thank you for reminding @MikeT :+1:

Ah thats good, if this is already a known bug, thank you for the info!

• You're welcome. We think this will take longer than usual to fix.

• lumarel
    lumarel
    Community Member

No problem, good fixes just take their time :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for your understanding @lumarel :)

This discussion has been closed.