No More Chrome Sync for 1Password?

The 1Password extension for Google Chrome no longer gets synced via Chrome sync between multiple Chrome installations. I have to install the 1Password extension on each system while other extensions still get synced.

Is that a known issue?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for asking about this, MacMacken. I can understand why it might not be immediately clear why this is happening. However, this is working as designed.

The 1Password extension is not a cross-platform extension. That is to say, the 1Password extension for Chrome for Mac is different than the 1Password extension for Chrome for Windows. Therefore, allowing Chrome to sync it in a cross-platform environment causes a lot of problems. Since Google does not provide a way to indicate a platform for an extension and exclude it from syncing to other platforms based on that information, we have had to exclude it completely from Chrome's syncing.

So, for now, you will need to simply install the 1Password for Mac extension by downloading it from our Browser Extensions page:

https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/index.html

At the time of this writing, the 1Password Chrome extension for Windows is packaged with the 1Password for Windows application. You can install it by selecting Chrome in 1Password for Windows' preferences.
  • OK, that's a pity because on one Mac, Chrome/1Password work now without any problems. On another Mac, however, I get the usual error/troubleshooting page … a not really helpful troubleshooting page referring to another browser and not only the Mac App Store version BTW. I had hoped that I could move my successful configuration by syncing Macs.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2011
    If you are having trouble with the 1Password Chrome extension, we would love to help resolve the issue. Syncing the extension would almost certainly not have any effect on this since the issue is likely not the extension itself but a problem with the connection to the background process 1Password Helper.

To help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? Attach the entire file to an email to support AT agilebits.com.

Please include a link to this thread in order that we might more quickly "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, though.
This discussion has been closed.