Master PWD

shaunieok
shaunieok
Community Member

Hi,
I have a family membership that was just renewed as well as a standalone version. The family membership is working just fine on my iPad, iPhone and my wives Laptop. I can open the app using my master password on any of those and face/touch id. When I try to sign into the my1password.com site I have the right email and secret key for the account based on my wives laptop emergency key but the mater pwd I use on my devices doesn't work on the website.
Why is it important now?- I am trying to add my new laptop that I used a trial for and have a different secret for, which btw, is hooked to the same email as our family sub. Bu the trial account is now read only, so I'm trying to add the paid sub to my new laptop. Can I just keep trying passwords, there aren't more than 10 that I typically use, to log into the website, or change it via an app or ?

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX Catalina
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @shaunieok! Welcome to the forum!

Can I just keep trying passwords, there aren't more than 10 that I typically use, to log into the website, or change it via an app or ?

You can try your most used passwords to see if you used one of them for this account. I also recommend reading the suggestions in the following article:

If you forgot your Master Password or you can’t unlock 1Password

• shaunieok
    shaunieok
    Community Member

Hi, Thanks.

1. should I be able to use the Master pwd I use when I log into the apps for the my1password website?
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@shaunieok:

That depends on how you have configured your 1Password app. The way 1Password unlocks is:

• If a Primary vault exists, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in
    • If a single 1Password membership is signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that membership account
    • If multiple memberships are signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password of the first added membership

These are each exclusive scenarios. For example, if multiple memberships are signed in, you cannot unlock 1Password using the Master Password of the second account that was added.

This discussion has been closed.