I was just notified via email of an UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS via email. Have I been hacked??

Options
stealthsg
stealthsg
Community Member

I received an email saying that was an authorized access from France, I am in Singapore. May i know what happened?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I was just notified via email of an UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS via email. Have I been hacked??

Comments

• Randolfini
    Randolfini
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Stealthsg,

I imagine anyone would need more information to assist.

Are you using 1Password membership with online sync?
    Do you have a browser VPN that might have taken you to source from France?
    Or possibly a computer VPN that might have taken you to source from France?

Have you received any suspicious emails asking you to login, etc purporting to be from 1password or Agilebits?

If you don't recognize the sign-in and none of the above apply, then I recommend changing your master password asap.

Hope this helps get you going in the right direction.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2020
    Options

Hi @stealthsg

If you are concerned about the security of your account I would recommend reaching out to our security team at support+security@1password.com. They'll be in the best position to help. The questions and advice from @Randolfini are good - I'd suggest including the answers to those questions in your email to the team.

Ben

ref: UXQ-24923-198

• stealthsg
    stealthsg
    Community Member
    Options

I was not using any VPN service at that point and definitely no phishing emails received. If anything at all, I am quite privacy focused which is why I am very concerned about this matter.

• Ben
    Options

Understood. Please email our security team as outlined above. Thanks!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.