1Password 6 does not open on a iMac.It works on my iOS devices and Macbook Pro.

I restarted the computer and it will not open.I have read and write permissions. I am setting it up for the first time. All I see is welcome to 1Password and new to 1Password. It will not work even when I click on more options or sync with iCloud.

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1 Password 6 does nt open on a new computer

Comments

• Hi @superjack

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please elaborate on what you mean when you say "it will not work"? What exactly happens? Are you getting an error message?

Ben

• superjack
    superjack
    Community Member

Hi Ben, it is now working. But I noticed that it says trial expired. Does 1password 6 require a subscription? I noticed the password generator in the browser firefox extension will not fill the password field. The extension works on my MacBook Pro.It does not work on my iMac.

superjack

• @superjack

Thanks for the update. Membership requires a subscription. From your description it sounds like you may have been using a membership trial, which has now run out. Membership would actually include the latest versions of 1Password though, including 1Password 7 for Mac. There wouldn't be a need to continue using the now retired v6.

You can read more about membership here:

About 1Password membership

And you can download 1Password 7 here:

Best Password Manager for macOS & Safari

Ben

This discussion has been closed.