New Microsoft Edge on mac Desktop App Integration, is planned?

As I didn't find the answer, is the New Microsoft Edge on mac Desktop App Integration is planned? if yes, and idea for when?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mcnahum!

We don't have anything to share at the moment, sorry!

• guillaumeserton
    guillaumeserton
    Community Member

@ag_ana
    Is that on the roadmap without any ETA or it's even worst and not on the roadmap?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @guillaumeserton and @mcnahum! Sorry for the confusion here. You should be able to use Desktop App Integration in Edge on macOS as long as you have both the 1Password for Mac beta as well as the 1Password X beta.

If you find things aren't working right off the bat, give these steps a try:

1. Make sure the 1Password app and your browser are both in the Applications folder.
    2. In Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder. Copy and paste the following path and press Return:

~/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/NativeMessagingHosts/

1. Copy the file named 2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password.json to your desktop.
    2. Choose Go > Go to Folder. Copy and paste the correct path for your browser and press Return:

Microsoft Edge: ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft Edge/
    Microsoft Edge Beta: ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft Edge Beta/
    Microsoft Edge Dev: ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft Edge Dev/
    Microsoft Edge Canary: ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft Edge Canary/

1. Open the folder NativeMessagingHosts or create it if it doesn’t exist.
    2. Drag the file named 2bua8c4s2c.com.agilebits.1password.json from your desktop into the NativeMessagingHosts folder.
    3. Restart your browser.

Let me know how it goes!

• alibolcakan
    alibolcakan
    Community Member

Kaitlyn, your method sadly didn't work for me (followed all the steps, made sure that I had the betas for both the app and the extension).

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @alibolcakan! Would you mind letting me know the version numbers for 1Password for Mac, 1Password X, as well as Edge?

• alibolcakan
    alibolcakan
    Community Member

1p for Mac: 1Password 7
    Version 7.5.BETA-0 (70500000)
    1Password Beta

1password X: 1.19.0 (downloaded from the Chrome store)

Edge: Version 81.0.416.45 (Official build) Beta (64-bit)

I'm getting "unable to establish connection" with the desktop app error, works fine on Firefox.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2020

@alibolcakan – Just to be sure, did you use the Microsoft Edge Beta snippet from this comment? This is the article I'm pulling the steps from, can you copy and paste the snippets from there instead, just in case it's not copying from the forum correctly?

If that doesn't work, we'll want to see a copy of your 1Password X log as well as a diagnostics report from your computer to make sure everything's set up properly. The latter can only be emailed in, though. If you're up for it, please send an email to support+forum@1password.com, and mention a link to this post as well as your forum username. You can find instructions on how to obtain both your diagnostics report and your 1Password X log below.

1Password X Log
    Diagnostics Report

Let me know once you've sent the email, and I'll take a look!

• alibolcakan
    alibolcakan
    Community Member

@kaitlyn, email sent! Thanks!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@alibolcakan – Awesome! You should have received a support ID number in your auto-reply. Could you let me know what number that is?

• alibolcakan
    alibolcakan
    Community Member

[#FEC-75296-538]

Thanks.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Thanks so much, @alibolcakan! I went ahead and responded to you via email.

• mcnahum
    mcnahum
    Community Member

Why the 1Password X Beta is not available on the Microsoft Store...? that's adding to the confusion I guess...

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@mcnahum – Ah, I see. The 1Password X beta is currently available on the Chrome Web Store, which you should be able to install as long as you allow Chrome extensions in Edge since Edge is built off of Chromium now.

Let me know if you're still having trouble!

• mcnahum
    mcnahum
    Community Member
    edited April 2020

no it's ok ( even if it's missing the vault selection who is really useful per browser)

any idea WHY the the 1Password X Beta is not available on the Microsoft Store...?

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@mcnahum

even if it's missing the vault selection who is really useful per browser

I'm not sure what you mean by this, and I'd really appreciate it if you could clarify for me. 1Password X on Chrome vs. 1Password X on Edge should be essentially the same. Can you please describe what you feel is missing?

any idea WHY the the 1Password X Beta is not available on the Microsoft Store...?

It was a decision made by our team. We opted for only the stable version to be available in the Edge store.

This discussion has been closed.