MBP + Chrome: 1Password-X Extn, Beta, Mini and Fingerprints

Hi guys,

Hoping you can clarify some thing for me.

It all started because 1Password-X Chrome extension wasn't using my fingerprint to authenticate. Until now, each time I ht crtrl-x to unlock 1P-X, it prompted me for my password, not fingerprint. Opening the app locally, does prompt for my password. So after reading the blog, I think it said that only the 1P-X beta supported fingerprint.

So I removed my current 1P-X extension and installed the beta. That then said that it couldn't connect to the installed app which after reading further, I realised I needed the beta version of that as well. So I upgraded to the beta version (7.5.BETA-0). Then my extension complained about not supporting standalone vaults.

AFAIK, I don't have a standalone vault. Between the app for Mac, the mini-app and the chrome extn, I have honestly lost track of what I should be using. All I want is to fill my passwords without having to put in my master password the whole time. I love this app but IMO, it has become very confusing with extensions for chrome, 1P-X extensions and mini (I don't see the benefit that mini offers).

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,
Neil

1Password Version: 7.5.BETA-0
Extension Version: 1.19.0
OS Version: 10.15.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @neilobrien! 👋

Thanks for getting in touch. From what you've described, it sounds like you're making all the right moves to get 1Password X integrated with 1Password for Mac. That said, standalone vaults are only supported by the 1Password companion extension, the other extension we offer.

If you like the idea of using 1Password X, I'd be happy to help you sorted. To figure out which vaults you've got where, it'll be helpful to see a diagnostics report from your computer. That can only be emailed in, though. If you're up for it, please send an email to support+forum@1password.com, and mention a link to this post as well as your forum username. You can find instructions on how to obtain your diagnostics report below.

How to send a diagnostics report

Let me know once you've sent the email, and I'll take a look!

• neilobrien
    neilobrien
    Community Member

Hi Kaitlyn - I've just sent in the diag report as requested.

Thanks,
    Neil

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @neilobrien!

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: So we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places, I am going to close this forum discussion and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: NZN-37497-656

This discussion has been closed.