Private and Primary

This discussion was created from comments split from: There are suddenly 2 of each item in Shared vault..

Comments

• terryho
    terryho
    Community Member

I have the same problem. I upgraded to the family subscription and now everything is double vision. Primary and Private. Does this mean change the password so they are separate? For me that means one password works and the other doesn't. Is there a place where I can get a decent youtube tutorial or something similar or am I supposed to spend a 40 hour week trying to get 1password to work properly?

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020

@terryho

I split your conversation from the original topic, as your issue was not entirely the same.

During the migration to a membership, one of the last steps that you need to take is the removal of the Primary vault. It looks like that may have been missed. No worries, we can get you sorted out.

Before we do that, can you verify you can log in to your account at https://my.1password.com and that you have a copy of your Emergency Kit? The Emergency Kit can be printed out from within your account.

Once you have a copy of that Emergency Kit, proceed to remove the Primary vault. The removal will need to be done on all of your devices. https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

• terryho
    terryho
    Community Member

Tommy,
    I did everything I needed to do here....I have verified my account, I have my emergency kit handy, I successfully deleted the old "primary" vault from my main computer and laptop. Now I am trying to do the same on my iphone but the interface is different and I don't see where to manage the vaults on the iphone. We are trying to delete "primary" and so "private" will be the only vault on the phone.
    Also, a separate question: Why is my browser appearing on my device list when the Mac running that browser is also on the list? Is this hogging up a device slot?

• terryho
    terryho
    Community Member

Thank you for your help!!

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020

@terryho

I successfully deleted the old "primary" vault from my main computer and laptop.

Wonderful, things should be running smoother here.

Now I am trying to do the same on my iphone but the interface is different and I don't see where to manage the vaults on the iphone.

1Password.app > Settings (gear icon lower right) > Vaults > Primary, Tap Delete vault.

We are trying to delete "primary" and so "private" will be the only vault on the phone.

Yes, indeed, that's the desired outcome.

Why is my browser appearing on my device list when the Mac running that browser is also on the list?

Any device used to log into your account will show up here. You can imagine how busy mine looks, testing multiple browsers, multiple devices.

Is this hogging up a device slot?

No limit, so don't worry. Well, I have never hit a limit. ;)

Thank you for your help!!

Glad to help!

This discussion has been closed.