Any chance of fixing a bug that's been in a few version?

Options
davemee
davemee
Community Member

Hi,

I've sent report requests in asking for this bug to be fixed, to no avail.

When I start 1password on MacOS, an extra window pops up, exhorting me to take out a 1password subscription. It blocks the main 1password window, making 1password useless for me until I get rid of this popup.

The popup also says it has licenses for sale, if that's better.

My concern is that I already have the license purchased and installed, as part of the programme that has popped up to tell me I can buy a license, ignoring the installed and already-purchased license. I can look at the license menu where it says I have a license. Why can't this annoying popup make the same rudimentary check and stop appearing when there's absolutely no rational basis for this window to appear - other than to inconvenience licensed users, which doesn't strike me as a particularly useful outcome.

Is there anyone at 1password who checks or follows up on these things? I've offered to send videos and captures but instead the support team asked me to generate diagnostic information from my iPhone, where the software that exhibits the problem does not run.!

screenshot of the offending window on startup

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020
    Options

@davemee

I've sent report requests in asking for this bug to be fixed, to no avail.

I see you were talking with a colleague a few months ago.

I already have the license purchased and installed, as part of the programme

Is this a 1Password 7 license and not one for an older version of 1Password 6, perhaps? With you saying installed, I am going to go with it is a 1Password 7 license. :)

Can you verify which store you installed 1Password from the Mac App Store or directly from the web store? Perhaps the easiest is to look at the first steps here. https://support.1password.com/update-1password/ My concern here is maybe you accidentally updated to the Mac App Store version. I have had a few such cases here in the forum.

I've offered to send videos and captures but instead the support team asked me to generate diagnostic information from my iPhone, where the software that exhibits the problem does not run.!

I found your old submission, and it looks like you sent us a report. However, that's not a concern. Let's keep working through the problem. :)

Do you happen to have a membership signed into your install? 1Password, Preferences > Accounts

• davemee
    davemee
    Community Member
    Options

Everything is updated. In fact, manually updated a few days ago and this same issue came up, hence my post.

What throws me is that the 'License' menu item correctly identifies I'm a licensed user, but that the popup doesn't care to check whether I'm a licensed user or not, then blocks my interface asking me to buy a license, as a reward for buying a license.

There's no vaults or extra accounts.

• @davemee

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report. Please use the following link to create that report for your Mac.

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Master Password, or Secret Key:
    About 1Password diagnostics reports https://support.1password.com/diagnostics-privacy/
    Please send that report to support+forum@1Password.com Be sure to include the following information with your submission.

Your user name here in the forum. davemee
    A link to this topic. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/112781/any-chance-of-fixing-a-bug-thats-been-in-a-few-version#latest

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

Once we receive the report, we will be in a better position to assist you.

• davemee
    davemee
    Community Member
    Options

I'll send it in but it won't say anything different from the last time I did this, which didn't go anywhere to address this bug.

The video I offered to send shows exactly what the problem is, which I don't think is remotely captured in these diagnostic details.

Here's the bug, as far as I can see it: When 1password is launched for the first time after startup, this annoying blocking window appears, regardless of having a legitimate license or not. It won't happen again until I restart the computer, at which point it will happen exactly one time in that operational session, when 1password is launched for the first time.

The license menu correctly reports that I am licensed user and my software is up to date.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020
    Options

@davemee

Thank you for sending the report. Please let me know your ticket ID number. You will receive it, via BitBot our autoresponder.

• davemee
    davemee
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_tommy,

Thanks. BitBot has given me #ACD-22489-167

• @davemee

I just replied to your submission. Can you check your email and follow up with me there?

This discussion has been closed.