Help! Master Password "lost" during up grade to membership

Options
ericaroberts
ericaroberts
Community Member

I received a new Mac laptop today and was installing 1password on it. I decided to upgrade to a membership. When I went input my existing master password, it would not be accepted because "it was too short." So I used the 1password generator to create a new one. My import "glitched" and I had to start all over again. Unfortunately, I can't access the new password in my vault because I can't get into it without the master password that I don't have. Is there anyway to "start all over?"

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020
    Options

@ericaroberts

If you have lost or you are unable to use the Master Password, then you would need to start over. To do that you would need to reset the application. Do you have your data in another device or perhaps you were using something like iCloud or Dropbox?

ref: EUJ-37485-688

• ericaroberts
    ericaroberts
    Community Member
    Options

I am able to accèss my vault on-line but unable to access the application.The master key it has is correct, but it will not accept my new password. I have tried deleting the application, restarting my machine and re-installing it, that doesn’t work.

I have also tried deleting my new 1password account and re-creating it, that doesn’t work either.

• Ben
    Options

@ericaroberts

Please try this:

• In 1Password for Mac, from the lock screen, select Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data
    • Re-add your account to 1Password manually by typing the same details that you are using at my.1password.com - do not allow any fields to be auto-populated

Please let us know how that does.

Ben

• ericaroberts
    ericaroberts
    Community Member
    Options

That worked! Thank you so much!

• On behalf of Ben, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.