Ipassword how does one synchronize from main Macbook (current files) to other devices?

Rsmith
Rsmith
Community Member

I have IPassword on multiple devices: MacBook Pro, new IPad, and 2 iPhones. For some reason, my Macbook is most current with passwords etc. How does one synchronize the other devices with most current for Macbook version?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Rsmith!

Yes, your data can certainly sync between all your devices. What sync method are you currently using?

• Rsmith
    Rsmith
    Community Member

Could you please walk me through the steps to confirm? The current and main data is on my Mac version 1Password 6
    Version 6.8.9 (689001)
    Also, I may want to update to a newer version, Is there anyone of consultant that I can work with on this to expedite as I plan on traveling soon for one month.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Rsmith:

If you open 1Password Preferences > Sync tab, what sync method is shown there next to your Primary vault?

Also, I may want to update to a newer version, Is there anyone of consultant that I can work with on this to expedite as I plan on traveling soon for one month.

Certainly. What are your questions?

• Rsmith
    Rsmith
    Community Member

Hi

Just to make a little clearer. We are trying to sync between a Mac, an iPad, and iPhone that were already syncing. At some point in the recent past they stopped syncing with one another.

We are syncing through Dropbox.

During the investigation, I discovered that there are 2 1Password.agilekeychains.

Our Mac which has the most recent password data says under Sync that the path it is using is - iCloud>Dropbox>A Folder>1Password.agilekeychain. In the Finder there is an indicator next to this Dropbox that the folder is not enabled. This path hasn't been changed recently.

There is a second 1Password.agilekeychain located in Macintosh HD>User>Mr X>A Folder>1Password.agilekeychain

So we have a situation with two 1Password.agilekeychains. One is slightly bigger than the other but other than that there is nothing else to differentiate them.

Can you tell me what the 1Password.agilekeychain is. Does it contain important password data or is it simply a link for syncing.

How would you recommend we proceed in dealing with these dual 1Password.agilekeychains. I am worried about losing any password data. Everything important is in the application.

Thanks

Rolf

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Rsmith:

In the Finder there is an indicator next to this Dropbox that the folder is not enabled.

Can you please post a screenshot of what you mean by "not enabled"?

There is a second 1Password.agilekeychain located in Macintosh HD>User>Mr X>A Folder>1Password.agilekeychain

So it looks like you have one .agilekeychain file on Dropbox, and one on your local hard drive. If you have been syncing data via Dropbox, I think that's the .agilekeychain file that you have been using, otherwise sync would not have worked.

Can you tell me what the 1Password.agilekeychain is. Does it contain important password data or is it simply a link for syncing.

It contains all your 1Password items.

How would you recommend we proceed in dealing with these dual 1Password.agilekeychains. I am worried about losing any password data. Everything important is in the application.

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and one from your other iOS devices and email them to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at how exactly you configured all your devices.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.