Safari widget problems - 1Pw 7.4.3

Options
dhuman
dhuman
Community Member

I did the physical download/update of 1Pw 7.4.3 the other day.

The Safari widget has stopped working. When I click on it, nothing happens.

It works fine on my new MacBook Air, so this problem is somehow specific to the iMac I'm using.

Can you provide instructions to remove 1Pw completely and reinstall?

Thanks,
DH

1Password Version: 7.4.3
Extension Version: 7.4.3
OS Version: 10.15.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• dhuman
    dhuman
    Community Member
    Options

It works fine on my new MacBook Air, so this problem is somehow specific to the iMac I'm using.

Thanks,
    DH

• dhuman
    dhuman
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks,
    DH

1Password Version: 7.4.3
    Extension Version: 7.4.3
    OS Version: 10.15.4
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• dhuman
    dhuman
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks,
    DH

• @dhuman

Please try the following, set of instructions. They have helped others who reported similar issues.

1. Quit Safari and any other open web browsers.

2. Open and then quit 1Password completely.

• Hold down the Control and Option keys on your keyboard and choose 1Password > Quit 1Password Completely from the menu bar.
    1. Restart the Mac.

2. Open 1Password.

3. Open the browser(s).

4. Verify that you're able to use the extension to fill logins.

• tolin
    tolin
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @dhuman
    I have exactly the same error since installing the supplementary MacOS Update. Here you can see the behavior:

https://www.loom.com/share/18c55ac84380463299e84abc9d038160

• @tolin

Thanks for sharing that video, I can't say I have seen that behavior, in my usage. I had to watch it again. Which version of the extension is Safari reporting installed? Sometimes Safari refuses to let go of a previously installed version of the extension. That is why I recommended the steps above. Please let me know how they work for you.

• dhuman
    dhuman
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @tolin - your steps do seem to have fixed the problem I was experiencing. BTW - the problem was also with Chrome, it wasn't specific to Safari.

All best - Dick

• tolin
    tolin
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for answering @ag_tommy
    It's the same version. I tried now the Beta after the last regular version didnt work. BTW: it works perfectly fine in Firefox and Google Chrome. Just the 1Password Mini wiget and the Safari Widget don't work.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020
    Options

@tolin

I see you're using Choosy. Great app BTW.

Out of curiosity, In System Preferences > General what browser is set as your default? I have mine set to Choosy? Can you try disabling the Choosy extension? I do not have it running on my Mac. I just enabled and it could be a matter of perception, my helper seems to be a little sluggish now. However, nothing like your video.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020
    Options

@tolin

Sorry for the double post, can you try disabling or even uninstalling Instapaper, temporarily. I have another case and he also has Instapaper installed. I just now installed Instapaper and my helper response seemed laggy.

• tolin
    tolin
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_tommy
    Yes, choosy is really handy. I had it on Choosy and now switched it to Google Chrome but sadly it did not change a thing.

With best regards, Tobias Linder

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020
    Options

@tolin

I wanted to make sure you did not miss the reply above your's re Instapaper. It could be nothing, but we never know till we ask.

If that fails, I want to ask you to create a diagnostics report. Please use the following link to create that report for your device.

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Master Password, or Secret Key:
    About 1Password diagnostics reports https://support.1password.com/diagnostics-privacy/
    Please send that report to support+forum@1Password.com Be sure to include the following information with your submission.

Your user name here in the forum. tolin
    A link to this topic. https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/555729/#Comment_555729

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
      The report will be in zip format. Please send the entire file.

Once we receive the report, we will be in a better position to assist you.

• tolin
    tolin
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_tommy
    Good news! The problem was, that somehow I ended up with two versions of the App. One in Downloads and one in Applications. Now the problem is solved.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @tolin! I am glad to hear that the problem in solved now :)

And on behalf of ag_tommy, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.