I can't find the WLAN server under Preferences on my new MacBook Air. I will be junking the old MBA

Options
Kayaker2
Kayaker2
Community Member

I am using 1password 6.8.9 on my old MBA ( 2010) and my iPhone. My data is resident on my Mac and phone, but not on the cloud. I can't see the WLAN server under preferences on my new MBA. I will be decommissioning the old MBA. I have downloaded 1 pwrd to my new MBA and moved the data over using a thumb drive.. I need to be a able to sync the new MBA and my phone to keep things up to date. I understand I can't sync to more than one computer. How to proceed?
Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15.4
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:migrating to new MacBook air 6.8.9

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2020
    Options

@Kayaker2

It should be in preferences between Sync and Backup. Also what version of 1Password on the MBA? Are you using a membership by chance?

If you need help setting it up this topic may be useful. https://support.1password.com/wlan-server/ Though it sounds as if you're familiar with the process.

• gtquast
    gtquast
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

the formerly well known WLAN Server setting tab is not there after upgrading to 1Password 7.

Please advice, since this is the only way to sync for me (iCloud is blocked by my employer and I don't want to share this with DropBox).

Thank you, Gerrit

v1Password 7
    Version 7.4.4 (70404001)
    Mac App Store

• Ben
    Options

Hi @gtquast

From your screenshot it appears you're using a 1Password membership, which handles the syncing itself (no 3rd party involved). This setup is incompatible with the WLAN Server, and as such the icon for it is not displayed. To sync, you'd simply sign into the same 1Password account on your other devices.

Get the 1Password apps

Does that help? Please let me know.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.